Home

BCS and Playoff Format

This is a discussion on BCS and Playoff Format within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
BCS and Playoff Format

Please Direct me to the thread if one exists.

Could NCAA 13 have the option of a BCS or a playoff system? Could they implement something that would allow for us to choose the system we prefer. Say a 16 team playoff. I do not know about anymore teams than that or even maybe just an 8 team playoff? I would enjoy the option of this anyways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: BCS and Playoff Format

Not going to happen.........NCAA wouldn't allow it.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

some PSOne versions had it, but not since. don't think the NCAA and/or BCS would want it back in.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

I think it is crazy they would not want it because it would just get more people to buy the game?! After two/three years of being away from this game I picked it up for $20 and just wish I could have the choice to switch to a playoff type system. That would be the icing on the cake for me personally.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #5
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I don't get why it's fine to put Texas in the SEC and Alabama in the Sun Belt, while kicking Notre Dame out of the FBS and making the Rose Bowl a matchup of Conferece USA vs ACC, but it's just no way they would allow a tournament in a football game.

As it was said, psone had it as late as 2000. I remember it on the game breaker series.

Has someone from EA or The NCAA said they would never allow it? Or is that just something people assume?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I don't get why it's fine to put Texas in the SEC and Alabama in the Sun Belt, while kicking Notre Dame out of the FBS and making the Rose Bowl a matchup of Conferece USA vs ACC, but it's just no way they would allow a tournament in a football game.

As it was said, psone had it as late as 2000. I remember it on the game breaker series.

Has someone from EA or The NCAA said they would never allow it? Or is that just something people assume?
Ben has said it in the past, this question get brought up every year. With the new license agreement they have with the NCAA, they can't have FBS schools doing a playoff format.

Same reason why they had to take out players charging the field after a game and pulling down the goal posts. Same reason why they had to take out user celebrations after a touchdown or a big play. NCAA governing body decides what can go in and what can't.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #7
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Ben has said it in the past, this question get brought up every year. With the new license agreement they have with the NCAA, they can't have FBS schools doing a playoff format.

Same reason why they had to take out players charging the field after a game and pulling down the goal posts. Same reason why they had to take out user celebrations after a touchdown or a big play. NCAA governing body decides what can go in and what can't.
What year was this?

To the rest. That def sucks. Wasn't the agreement re-signed recently?
Old 04-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

That had to been 02, 03 or 04. Just like they use to have player discipline, players use to get arrested for shoplifting, cheating on exams, staying out past curfew, etc. NCAA made them take that out too.

Man oh man I use to love back in the day when after every play you did, you had the choice between a regular celebration or an extreme celebration. Half the time though you got a flag for an extreme one though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »