Home

How about simpler menus and less cheerleaders?

This is a discussion on How about simpler menus and less cheerleaders? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2012, 12:52 AM   #57
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: How about simpler menus and less cheerleaders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
If you are someone that likes to spend time working with rosters, depth chart, formation subs and things like that then laggy menus can be excrutiating.

It limits the desire to even experiment because everything takes so long. What should take 5 minutes take 15 minutes.

The car comparison is poor. It's more like trying to watch a video on YouTube that buffers every 5 seconds.

I wish I still had the game so I could make a video of doing basic things like boot up, editing, and such and timing it. Im not even mentioning how many times the menu froze in 2012. I think it's blatantly obvious to most people that the menus need to get better.
Exactly. If you just want to play the game, you won't notice the menu lag because all you're doing is loading it up and playing. Although even those people should still notice the brutal boot time just to get from turning the system on to being to the main menu. Sometimes I wonder if people that don't think the menus are an issue play any other games. I can turn on Battlefield 3 and be in a game before NCAA even gets to the main menu.

For those of us that put a ton of time into roster edits, custom playbooks, formation subs, depth charts; the menus are just plain terrible. Simply loading the custom playbook menu when you have books saved is a 10-15 second ordeal. Want to do pretty detailed formation subs? You better have 10-15 minutes to spare. It took me 15 minutes to finish 47 formation subs on offense and defense one season.

I just don't see how anyone who has extended gaming experience and puts a lot of effort into the game can rationalize the way the menus are in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »