Home

NCAA Football 13 Video - No More Psychic DB's, 25 Different Pass Trajectory Zones

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Video - No More Psychic DB's, 25 Different Pass Trajectory Zones within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-13-2012, 02:17 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA 13 Gameplay preview this Friday (GTTV)

Catch animations looked amazing. But the break tackle animations are terrible .Love the drop backs and the hitches in the throws,finally. Still see some crazy moments by the DB's. One in particular is when the Florida qb throws a deep pass and the DB does this weird circle motion allowing the catch instead of playing good defense. Overall it was pretty good first look.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:40 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
Catch animations looked amazing. But the break tackle animations are terrible .Love the drop backs and the hitches in the throws,finally. Still see some crazy moments by the DB's. One in particular is when the Florida qb throws a deep pass and the DB does this weird circle motion allowing the catch instead of playing good defense. Overall it was pretty good first look.
Agree.
Passing looks promising. Especially with "no more psyhic DB". More variety in passing. Main thing I like is that most of the passes will look different. I am not sure if this means they also added Throwing motions. But, with dropbacks added and trajectories, I would be okay.
Definitely agree with brk tackle animations. They look horrible. I hope that is just old version. But, I can live with it.

In the morning I will take a deep look at th vid again. I want to see how the DB's head is. I didnt pay too much attention to it. I am not sure if it looked twitchy
Old 04-13-2012, 02:43 AM   #35
Pro

bruinkid626's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Agree.
Passing looks promising. Especially with "no more psyhic DB". More variety in passing. Main thing I like is that most of the passes will look different. I am not sure if this means they also added Throwing motions. But, with dropbacks added and trajectories, I would be okay.
Definitely agree with brk tackle animations. They look horrible. I hope that is just old version. But, I can live with it.

In the morning I will take a deep look at th vid again. I want to see how the DB's head is. I didnt pay too much attention to it. I am not sure if it looked twitchy
What do you mean by dropbacks added? New dropback animations?

I am the danger.. I am the one who knocks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2012, 02:54 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I think Awareness will play a big role in passing game. I think it will affects the trajectories and the WR/DBs looking back.
It will be a frustrating/realistic situation if you throw to your open young WR and he didnt look for the ball.

What I want to hear on Tuesday now is: blocking improvements, further explained passing game, if there is a change to run game, and CPU Playcalling. Super LB/DB and passing were couple of my big issues and they have improvements. If anything, the most important thing to me now is the CPU play calling. I definitely hope there is changes to blocking, but Cpu playcalling affects how I play
Old 04-13-2012, 03:00 AM   #37
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I think Awareness will play a big role in passing game. I think it will affects the trajectories and the WR/DBs looking back.
It will be a frustrating/realistic situation if you throw to your open young WR and he didnt look for the ball.

What I want to hear on Tuesday now is: blocking improvements, further explained passing game, if there is a change to run game, and CPU Playcalling. Super LB/DB and passing were couple of my big issues and they have improvements. If anything, the most important thing to me now is the CPU play calling. I definitely hope there is changes to blocking, but Cpu playcalling affects how I play
I sure hope awareness has a big effect to the game now.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters

Last edited by cparrish; 04-13-2012 at 03:07 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:17 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn_razzamataz
I didn't see any new ones.
People were saying the tackle animations looked horrible. I just can't take the constant changing of the tackle animations. They keep changing every year from having double hit tackles, to the group hug of Pro-tak, to the bowling pin pro-tak, to the decent tackle animations that we have now.

So I just want to know why people are saying they look bad...I just really hope they haven't changed.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:33 AM   #39
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Another thought........

If this read & react defense is all based off of sight. Then technically it would mean option plays, reverses and WR bubble screens SHOULD work a hell of a lot better this year. Since there is a delay in reaction now and they won't automatically get into position to make a play at the snap of the ball.

Which also means if you run a sluggo route or any complex route with a good WR against a low awareness DB, that DB should be toasted.

Another thing......since it effect offense as well, this means FINALLY the star WR SHOULD get the bulk of the passes now, since technically their AWARENESS level is much higher then the other WRs and therefore he should be looking back for the ball much quicker.

I wonder if this "SIGHT" applies to blocking as well ? Which would mean a beast DE with high awareness should destroy a low awareness offensive tackle since his reaction time would be much faster then the blocker.

I wonder if low awareness DB reach out and tug on the WR if they are beaten ? It SHOULD be this way, considering if you are late turning, natural reaction would be to grab the other guy's jersey.

Back to this "SIGHT" thing. So does this finally mean we can run past a defender who is looking the other way, on the opposite side of the field and NOT have him INSTANTLY shed his block and do a 180 degree turn to tackle us from behind ?

And since QBs roll out on screen passes now, does this mean spread teams like Oregon will ACTUALLY be DANGEROUS this year ? Due to the fact the CPU could never throw a screen successfully in the past, spread teams who relied on WR and HB screens as their main staple of their offense SUFFERED greatly.

Now on to trajectory. Does this mean Fade routes will actually not only LOOK right but also WORK more often then not ? Since we should be able to just float it up there to the back shoulder now. I am intrigued by the possibilities of back of the corner end zone throws now. That was something you really never could do before because the ball only had one trajectory.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:51 AM   #40
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Another thought........

If this read & react defense is all based off of sight. Then technically it would mean option plays, reverses and WR bubble screens SHOULD work a hell of a lot better this year. Since there is a delay in reaction now and they won't automatically get into position to make a play at the snap of the ball.

Which also means if you run a sluggo route or any complex route with a good WR against a low awareness DB, that DB should be toasted.

Another thing......since it effect offense as well, this means FINALLY the star WR SHOULD get the bulk of the passes now, since technically their AWARENESS level is much higher then the other WRs and therefore he should be looking back for the ball much quicker.

I wonder if this "SIGHT" applies to blocking as well ? Which would mean a beast DE with high awareness should destroy a low awareness offensive tackle since his reaction time would be much faster then the blocker.

I wonder if low awareness DB reach out and tug on the WR if they are beaten ? It SHOULD be this way, considering if you are late turning, natural reaction would be to grab the other guy's jersey.

Back to this "SIGHT" thing. So does this finally mean we can run past a defender who is looking the other way, on the opposite side of the field and NOT have him INSTANTLY shed his block and do a 180 degree turn to tackle us from behind ?

And since QBs roll out on screen passes now, does this mean spread teams like Oregon will ACTUALLY be DANGEROUS this year ? Due to the fact the CPU could never throw a screen successfully in the past, spread teams who relied on WR and HB screens as their main staple of their offense SUFFERED greatly.

Now on to trajectory. Does this mean Fade routes will actually not only LOOK right but also WORK more often then not ? Since we should be able to just float it up there to the back shoulder now. I am intrigued by the possibilities of back of the corner end zone throws now. That was something you really never could do before because the ball only had one trajectory.

Play this while you read...fits perfectly

Having All those things would be like entering a weird Parallel dimension for this Series

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 04-13-2012 at 03:55 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »