Home

NCAA Football 13 Video - No More Psychic DB's, 25 Different Pass Trajectory Zones

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Video - No More Psychic DB's, 25 Different Pass Trajectory Zones within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2012, 03:59 AM   #41
MVP

Basketball GURU's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NCAA 13 Gameplay preview this Friday (GTTV)

sounds promising, hopefully they added multiple throwing animations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2012, 04:02 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 15

Eh, still not really impressed. The animations look horribly robotic, and I see what people mean by the tackles look horrible. A lot of the tackles look like wrestling moves or something, where the guy just jumps out and lays his body into the other person and drops them to the ground. They aren't really wrap up tackles.

Also, at 1:05 and 1:15 the DB still runs the WR's route and turns around at the exact moment to pick or swat the ball down. Then later in the clip they said that they fixed this very issue and showing these same clips as if they are a thing of the past and no longer in the game when we just saw them earlier when they were talking about the QB throwing across their body. I'm a little confused by that.

That juke move looked like a backbreaker juke move...ie not good at all, very very robotic. But yes, the catching animations looked great and the back drops looked okay a little robotic.

Overall, I'm glad they worked on the pass trajectories which was greatly needed as well as the "awareness" of the defense. They just really really need to work on animations to make them look smooth and natural.

Last edited by huskerwr38; 04-13-2012 at 04:06 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:48 AM   #43
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Well the throwing motions and drop backs look really good, some of the catches look pretty nice as well, but I also have some concerns with what I saw in that clip.

If drop backs are animation based, and the drop you take is based off the plays, what happens if you get immediate pressure on a longer drop? Are you going to get stuck in the drop back and be unable to move (a problem with NCAA 12 at times) or will you be able to abort it and escape?

For those rollouts, are there going to be actual plays designed for rollouts that include correctly blocking OL? You rollout in NCAA 12, designed play or not, and you're finished because no one blocks and you'll get eaten alive. I had a ton of success in NCAA 12 running QB Sprintout in Ace Y Trips, but only if I ran it as if was Z Spot and threw that ball quick.

Will the QB's footwork be correct on play action away from his throwing arm? In previous NCAA versions, you basically had to run play action to the QBs strong side only because of you ran opposite of that, the footwork got screwy. Sounds like this concern was somewhat addressed, but would like to see a full play start to finish.

The passing icons being dimmed out at the snap is not necessary and I do not like it. That is, if them being dimmed out mean you can't throw the ball to that guy. If they are dimmed but you can still throw it, then it is no problem, but I don't want some outside force determining when I can throw the ball to someone. Especially if it is tied to the home field advantage system, which is horribly flawed.

I guess the big overarching theme of my post here is, how will these things tie in with the game? New drop back and throwing animations are going to do us no good if plays and blocking are designed as poorly as they have been. Most of the drop backs and throws they showed came on the run and/or off play action, neither of which would ever work in NCAA 12 because of the way blocking is. These nice play action fakes and throwing on the run motions will do us no good if we're getting sacked before finishing the fake.

I'll wait to judge player models and juke animations and things like that until we see some more footage, but I'd be lying if I wasn't incredibly disappointed by the look of that video. The player models are still awful, that juke along the sideline was comically bad and I believe I saw one situation of a HB sitting there in pass protection directly where the QB was dropping and not attempting to do anything. I'll just hope graphically we are still working on the NCAA 12 frame and those things will be polished.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:10 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 23
""No more psychic DB's, DB's have to see the ball, before they can make a play on the ball""

Didn't they say that a couple of years ago?
Old 04-13-2012, 06:11 AM   #45
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Waiting to throw the ball til the WR is ready is more realistic. U can't just cut the route short without the WR knowing and expect it to be completed.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2012, 06:30 AM   #46
Banned

Where is the DANG Pass interference for offensive and defensive players, what is the difference if u do these enhancements and no RISK/REWARD!!!!!!! Enough with the BS Already, where are the flags!!!!!
Old 04-13-2012, 06:48 AM   #47
Banned

Looking at the offensive line and defensive line play, doesnt seem like double-team pass blocking made it in this year version either...so sad EA so sad!!!!!
Old 04-13-2012, 07:02 AM   #48
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: NCAA Football 13 Video - No More Psychic DB's, 25 Different Pass Trajectory Zones

I thought overall the video look pretty good. Wasn't expecting all new graphics are anything. Glad to see the new passing game is going help stop the Super LBers go away. Overall I feel this video did good. But still to early to judge until Tuesday. I'm needing to see more of the gameplay on both sides of ball to be really convinced that the gameplay is going to be good this year. But love the new passing and all. This is a good start for NCAA13.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »