Home

Based on the Info you know will you buy the game?

This is a discussion on Based on the Info you know will you buy the game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will you buy the game on the info you know now?
Yes, for sure! 55 39.29%
No, but still waiting on just a little more info 19 13.57%
No, still waiting on much more info 47 33.57%
No, no matter how much more info 7 5.00%
Not just no, but HELL no! 12 8.57%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #25
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Based on the Info you know will you buy the game?

depends on the demo and then most likely i'll still wait until at least August before i get it after i see what bugs & glitches this year provides. Problem is the patches usually cause more bugs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2012, 05:47 PM   #26
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I spent more time playing NCAA 11 last year because NCAA 12 was a waiste of my money.

I should have waited for a price drop instead of paying the full $60 bucks.

This year smart money say's i should rent it 1st but will see what kind of improvements EA make.

I'm torn on the decision because i've always loved the NCAA series and EA seems to be making at best marginal upgrades year after year. Who knows i might even just trade in some older games to get it cheaper this year.
yea i usually never felt ripped off in the past even if i buy NCAA and it isn't great. I thought NCAA 11 was finally a positive sign that this game was headed in the right direction and then we got NCAA 12. I honestly felt ripped off and it was the first time ever i sold back an NCAA football game because i was so upset and disappointed.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #27
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

EA Sports Season ticket so I'll binge on it the weekend before it comes out and decide if it's worth the hassle of finding a midnight release store or if it's fatally flawed.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #28
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Once the game is released and I can verify no game killing massive bugs exist without the need for 3 patches? Sure, I'll buy it.

Before that is verified? Nope.
Could not agree more.

Put up or shut up EA. No more blind purchasing from this owner of every version since Bill Walsh with no named schools.(State College, Tallahassee, etc)
Old 04-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #29
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

13 looks to fix a lot of my gripes about 12, but, dammit, I still don't want to give EA my money after pre-ordering last year's game.

Seems like all of us chumps that bought last year's glitchfest should get a $20 credit or something towards this year's game.

Still, I want to see it in action before I put money down.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Last edited by WipeOut464; 04-17-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #30
Banned

DJACK's Arena

I'd love for running animations to be fixed before I make my decision. It just ruins the look for me when guys move like they do. It can't be THAT hard to put a couple of ATHLETES in the MoCap room. Get a quarterback, runningback, lineman, and a linebacker. Have them captured both with and without the ball. Maybe it's harder than it seems it would be, idk they seemed to manage it fine back on the ps2/xbox days.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #31
Rookie

MEAST26's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeOut464
13 looks to fix a lot of my gripes about 12, but, dammit, I still don't want to give EA my money after pre-ordering last year's game.

Seems like all of us chumps that bought last year's glitchfest should get a $20 credit or something towards this years game.

Still, I want to see it in action before I put money down.
I would need the full $60.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #32
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Yeah, I'm in.

They'll be 5-10 longstanding legacy issues that will not have been addressed because doing so requires a starting over completely from scratch, which isn't going to happen. Some of the new stuff will be poorly implemented, and something that was O.K. last year will be messed up this year.

This happens every year, without fail, so I'm buying the game with my eyes open. So barring some literal game breaking bug(not the hyperbolic statements that people here like to toss out ad nauseum), they've made enough changes for me to get my money's worth from this new version.

In a crappy year I get about 60 hours worth of gameplay from this game, in an O.K. year, 120 hours, in a good/great year, 250 plus hours.

It's great to sit back and anticipate the game, without any anxiety about EA possibly "bamboozling" "hoodwinking" or "ripping me off"

Good Times

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »