Home

What do you guys want to see on May 7th?

This is a discussion on What do you guys want to see on May 7th? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #57
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: What do you guys want to see on May 7th?

Create a Recruit "Templates"

So you could just create player name, click "3 star RB" or "5 star OL" and it would give you a generic start from there so you don't have to go from 50 and edit all of his ratings manually. Obviously you could tweak it from there, but having templates to get you started with creating recruits would help.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #58
Banned

Lear Pilot's Arena

OVR: 1

Rosters - 85 man rosters would be awesome, but unless they improve the depth chart, you won't be able to fully take advantage of a full 85 man roster.

The problem arises when you have a maximum of 6 spots on the WR depth chart, yet we have spread offenses with 5 WR's on the field at a time. Once you pull your starters (2 spots), then you only have 4 active WR's on your depth chart. When my backups get tired, my DB's get subbed in instead of my 7th or 8th WR.

The same scenario unfolds on defense. I mainly run a 4-2-5 defense, when I pull the starters my #2 and #3 strong safeties are playing, if one gets tired, I end up with some random player instead of my 4th string strong safety. You have to have more strong safeties on your team because of the defensive style, yet the system extremely limits your ability to use your players.

It should be rather easy to add additional spots on the depth chart, I'm a bit confused why this hasn't been changed in the past few years. It would be one way to make 70 man rosters more functional.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #59
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
I disagree if that's what the recruit wants to talk about than you have no choice. If you start jabbering about something he doesn't care about he'll either hang up or just go somewhere else
The recruit doesn't pick the topic. If they did, why would they pick things that are least on there list?

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

Last edited by blkrptnt819; 04-23-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:22 PM   #60
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
I forgot scouting. I should get tendencies along with the top 10 plays each player uses in each situation(1st/2nd/3rd and long/medium/short/). Also give me the ability to practice against there top 10 most used offensive and defensive plays. They should also give percentages of each.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lear Pilot
Rosters - 85 man rosters would be awesome, but unless they improve the depth chart, you won't be able to fully take advantage of a full 85 man roster.

The problem arises when you have a maximum of 6 spots on the WR depth chart, yet we have spread offenses with 5 WR's on the field at a time. Once you pull your starters (2 spots), then you only have 4 active WR's on your depth chart. When my backups get tired, my DB's get subbed in instead of my 7th or 8th WR.

The same scenario unfolds on defense. I mainly run a 4-2-5 defense, when I pull the starters my #2 and #3 strong safeties are playing, if one gets tired, I end up with some random player instead of my 4th string strong safety. You have to have more strong safeties on your team because of the defensive style, yet the system extremely limits your ability to use your players.

It should be rather easy to add additional spots on the depth chart, I'm a bit confused why this hasn't been changed in the past few years. It would be one way to make 70 man rosters more functional.
On same topic of depth charts they need to have different depth charts for each offensive type. Spread offenses shouldn't just have a WR spot. They should have 2 outside receivers and 2 inside receivers. They need to have specific positions. Weakside LB, Stronside, Middle. Nickelbacks. LOLB and ROLB are very different in real life. To clarify they need to have specific positions and not general generics like current. H-Backs, Slot WR, differentiate between 3-4 de's and 4-3 de's. Do that with 85 man rosters and I would be very happy on the non-gameplay front.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #62
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ

Bruh, please push enter, lol. Sounds like you have a long thought out idea but that... that right there... yeah, I can't do it -- especially with twins.
Formatting issue can't get it to fix. Will keep trying though.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:20 PM   #63
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
Formatting issue can't get it to fix. Will keep trying though.
No problem boss. Really wanted to read it -- hopefully, you can get it figured out.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #64
Pro

My wishlist:
Improve Coaching Carousel
This mode if perfected can turn this game into one of the greatest of all time. We need the ability to hire/fire coordinators. Plus multiple ratings for the coaches other than prestige that progress in a realistic manner. At minimum ratings for Offense, Defense, Special Teams (If it is ever a factor in the game), recruiting, and talent development. Some coaches can't recruit a lick, but have great off/def schemes (Miek Leach, Bo Pelini). Some are great recruiters but have no ability to do much else (Lane Kiffin/Ron Zook). Some are Special Teams guru's (Frank Beamer, Bill Snyder). Some can get the most out of their talent despite not being elite (Kirk Frentz, Paul Rhoads, Pat Fitzgerald, Frank Solich). Some can't develop talent but are great minds (Bill Callahan, Charlie Weis). This should be the biggest focus of dynasty. Coaching is what separates great teams from the rest when it comes to college football. Alabama's roster wasn't leaps and bounds better then everyone (albeit they were better then most), but the thing that puts them over the top is coaching. Unlike the NFL this is one sport that you never see a team with crappy coaches winning. Doesn't mean they have to be elite but they must have some sort of ability as a coaching staff.
Incorporate things real programs have the option to do and have to deal with.
85 Man Rosters. If you can only manage 75 now I'll take it. I never claim to have a clue about the tech involved with making a game, maybe it's not possible no matter what you removed. All I know is I want larger rosters. People used the same argument back when it was at 55 that they couldn't increase it, and then it went to 70.
Neutral Site Games
I don't understand why this is so hard to implement. In play now I can choose a stadium other than the home field for either team. Why can't I in dynasty?

Discipline/Suspensions.

I have never seen anything legit other than heresay that the NCAA nixed this. People were saying that a few years ago when the last PS2 game came out that the NCAA wouldn't allow it. yet that year the PS2 game still had it. if it is possible and added though please make it a rating of some sort that I can edit. I use to hate it when my player would be suspended for grades but irl he was an academic AA.
Medical Redshirts.

Need I say more on that?

Dynamic Program Ratings

I don't notice most of them ever changing. But with the exception of academic prestige and campus lifestyle they all should be tied to something that can raise or lower them over time. Not one season either. Those two I mentioned though should never change. Stanford, Vandy, Navy, AF, Northwestern are never going to be considered athletic schools and drop in academic prestige. Just like Alabama and Florida will never be considered Ivy League type educations. And no matter how many Chuck E. Cheese's or Six Flags they build in places like Akron, OH, Laramie, WY or Huntington, WV they are never going to be like San Diego or Tempe.

Spring Game

Not a must-have for me but lots want it. I would take it or even a UA All-American game or Army AA game. But if you add spring have to have early enrollees.

FCS Teams

I don't need to have a playable FCS Dynasty. Heck I don't even need all the teams. A few years ago they added TB and I laid awake at night imagining the possibilties. Then they didn't utilize it to the fullest. Just let me swap your generic FCS teams with TB teams and I am happy. If not then at least make the generics at least appear like they could beat a high school team. Most FCS teams have some players who could play at DIV 1 level they just don't have the depth to compete regularly.

Fix recruiting

Not only the way in which humans and cpu's recruit. But even the top players. You got rid of the JUCO #1 overall finally, but there is still hardly ever elite OL, DL, DE's. Those with HB,QB WR typically have the most elite players. Most Freshman LB's aren't ready to play. Most DB's the same. And distribute them evenly. Even the great teams don't get 4-5 4*'s or better at the same position every year. Gunnar Kiel like a lot of youngsters went where he had the best opportunity to play early for a good team not sit until he is a senior. There are some willing to but getting more unlikely every year. Would really love the ability to edit enitre recruiting class from names, ht, wt, home state to ratings and top 10 schools. Yes it would be tedious but me and a few others would be more then willing to do and share if given the ability.

Full control as commissioner.

You almost gave us editing capability last fall. Didn't get there yet though. I really want the ability to edit CPU team's depth charts. Tired of CB's being #2MLB's 2-3 years in.

Continue to tweak polling system.

I am tired of undefeated WAC or MWC teams getting to the NC over undefeated BCS conference teams. Has never happened since the inception of the BCS. That doesn't mean there should be no chance, but it should be pretty hard for a non-BCS school to get a shot. Even if undefeated they would need a lot of chips to fall for them with other high-ranking teams losing and having multiple big wins over good opponents.

There is a lot more I could go into, from Gameday (not a huge fan as I know it won't meet anyone's expectations) to the magazines returning, to editing and deleting conferences in custom conference to being able to control all teams schedules as a commissioner including the cpu teams. I have came to the realization that gameplay won't get much better on the current system. Sure it can be tweaked but nothing drastic. But these smaller things in dynasty can go along way until they actually rebuild the game on next next gen.

Last edited by schumj; 04-23-2012 at 05:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »