Home

Medical Red Shirt

This is a discussion on Medical Red Shirt within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2012, 10:12 AM   #9
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Medical Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxshut
It is something I read off of a compliance manual somewhere and it seemed consistent with what I have seen happen before. Clemson has had a couple of players sustain injuries in the first game of their redshirt SR. season (i.e. their 5th year). Clemson petitioned the NCAA for a 6th year on their behalf but it was denied. I'm not saying some aren't approved, but my point is, that it's not a given you get the 6th year that even though you meet the criteria for medical hardship.

http://www.ncaapublications.com/prod...loads/D111.pdf

14.2.1.5 addresses the 5-year clock and 4 years of competition rule.

14.2.4c address the hardship waiver and the 30% criteria for team sports to get an extra year of competition (not an extension to the 5-yr clock).

While admittedly confusing, the way I read it is that you can get a medical hardship for an extra year of competition if you stay within the 5-year clock (5 year clock for 4 years of competition) by meeting the 30% criteria.

Going outside the 5-year clock requires NCAA approval and cannot be applied for until the 5-year clock has expired.

Thus my original point is your player would have to be hurt in the first 3 games, and not have already been red-shirted in order for you to use this feature, which to me, makes it far less important than other issues in the game.
yea i got you man, it was just a little confusing the way it was first posted.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Medical Red Shirt

If the player gets injured, just lower his school year by one (e.g, if he's a senior, make him a junior) so he'll come back as a senior.

Problem solved.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #11
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by packersfan4eva
If the player gets injured, just lower his school year by one (e.g, if he's a senior, make him a junior) so he'll come back as a senior.

Problem solved.
Can't do that in Online Dynasty

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »