Home

So, players are still running on a turntable?

This is a discussion on So, players are still running on a turntable? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2012, 09:09 AM   #25
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendo
bump bump bump. Come on ea, just have a rep make a statement!
Guys, come on. This is how frothy rage gets stirred up. You guys should honestly know better than to consider this stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #26
Rookie

pendo's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: So, players are still running on a turntable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Guys, come on. This is how frothy rage gets stirred up. You guys should honestly know better than to consider this stuff.
ea has reps on these boards don't they? Asking for a statement (that appears to me that multiple poster want) doesn't seem too unreasonable.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:09 PM   #27
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
ea has reps on these boards don't they? Asking for a statement (that appears to me that multiple poster want) doesn't seem too unreasonable.
No, EA has employees who come here on their own free time to read what is said. There is no appointed rep. on these boards. You will not likely get an answer, so keeping at it will only cause unrest for no reason. You having been here long enough should know this.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #28
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Even if someone from EA comes on here, that isn't a question they are allowed to answer.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:05 PM   #29
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
There's no need for them to make a statement on this forum. They're advertising QB dropback animations for crying out loud. Believe me, if they do something as important as reworking the running/footplanting physics, they'll have a trailer and two blogs posted about it.

If you don't see it in any of the lead-up information, it means they didn't change anything.

Basically, just assume nothing was done until you see a trailer/blog telling you otherwise.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #30
Rookie

pendo's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
There's no need for them to make a statement on this forum. They're advertising QB dropback animations for crying out loud. Believe me, if they do something as important as reworking the running/footplanting physics, they'll have a trailer and two blogs posted about it.

If you don't see it in any of the lead-up information, it means they didn't change anything.

Basically, just assume nothing was done until you see a trailer/blog telling you otherwise.
We know it isn't in this game. I just want to know if it has been talked about/ are they planning on it in the future. If they aren't then fine, just say that.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #31
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

A Game Changer already answered the question for you in post #29.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #32
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Gents, we might be in business.

"The running game plays differently this year because they tuned player movement a bit. Honestly, the way it felt when running trying to find a whole was one of the things I complained about. They tuned it so you can't swerve all over the field (especially the ball carrier), but at low speed I thought it was a bit TOO tuned down".

Thats quoted from one of the game changers over at tradition sports who's had actual hands on. Now lets just hope that the devs keep it that way and dont fold under pressure to the arcade boys before release. Even if its not fully tuned back to our last gen standards I'll fully appreciate this. I'll take small steps. Gradually bringing it back is cool with me. As long as its not like the previous couple of years.
Words that crush my hope - 'tune', 'a bit', 'especially the ball carrier'.

'Tune' & 'a bit' doesn't imply the overhaul that's necessary. And 'especially the ball carrier' implies that the same rules don't apply for defenders.

I also don't remember foot planting being represented well last gen. There was some foot planting on major changes in direction - near 180 degrees - but nothing that stopped folks from swerving.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »