Home

Annual "Overrated" Players

This is a discussion on Annual "Overrated" Players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-20-2012, 02:32 AM   #9
Pro

ThaShark28_316's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Annual "Overrated" Players

It's not that they are overrated more than they are rated based on projections. What those projections are, I don't know....but that's how I see it.

It's why Garrett Gilbert was rated in the 80s in NCAA 11. They went off sheer potential.
Horns FBall
Horns BBall
Stars
Old 04-20-2012, 06:37 AM   #10
Rookie

strive's Arena

OVR: 0

I'd expect Landry Jones to be rated really high like the 95-97 area. Four year starter with over 30 wins and bloated stats due to offensive scheme. I'm a Sooner fan too. I'd rate him a low 90, tops.

I think USC is going to take Florida State's crown as most overrated team this year.

I'm okay with Tyrann Mathieu getting a high rating. The guy is a game changer, but hopefully like others said don't make him a lockdown corner. If he gets a 95+ rating and B ish cover skills I'd be fine.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #11
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

I think they over value guys to make the teams overall rating high. Ohio State had a bunch of guys who had proven nothing rated high. Ohrian johnson, Storm Klein, Travis Howard......And Joe Bauserman. Storm Klien was like an 86 or something, and he didn't even start Ryan Shazier stole his job, and was a stud.
I guess there's surprises and let downs each year. We jsut have to fix them.

I remember seeing Jacory Harris' had a high rating. All I could think of was... dude could throw 3 picks a game against a 9 man defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #12
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Florida State X10 every year no matter how bad the previous season was..... Along with Bama new players getting 90+. Don't get me wrong Bama is a darn good team but this year they should at least take a little hit with what they lost.

Oh and forgot Ohio State they always seem to get A+'s across the board and I'm excited to see what them and Florida get rated in 13
Old 04-20-2012, 03:02 PM   #13
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

Ohio state shouldn't be rated higher than a B+. They haven't proven anything on Offense other than Braxton Miller looks to be a budding star. WR's are inexperienced, O line has issues, runningback by commitee. Stoneburner is a threat at tight end and will be used heavily like Hernandez was at UF. Overall the entire offense lacks a dynamic game changer outside of Miller. The Defense will get high grades as it should.

I'd say USC, Oklahoma, Alabama, LSU, all deserve A+ ratings.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #14
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16

Barkeley, Landry Jones, and DeAnthony Thomas. Thomas reminds me of Demps from Florida, never a really good RB but always had a high rating.

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Old 04-20-2012, 07:06 PM   #15
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates946
Barkeley, Landry Jones, and DeAnthony Thomas. Thomas reminds me of Demps from Florida, never a really good RB but always had a high rating.
As much as I hate Oregon ... Thomas is something else man. If there was a speed rating above 99, he would be the one to get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #16
cts
Two Oh Six

cts's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaima1shu
As much as I hate Oregon ... Thomas is something else man. If there was a speed rating above 99, he would be the one to get it.
Very much agreed. I think that kid's going to be something special.

Hate that we'll have to look at him for two more seasons.

Seattle Seahawks | Seattle Sonics | Seattle Mariners |Washington Huskies | Montana State Bobcats

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »