Home

NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Podcast

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Podcast within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #25
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Podcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Glad to hear that. Got so sick of the DTs always getting in the backfield 2 seconds after the snap and get to the QB. Hopefully now we can get a few extra seconds in the pocket to scan the field. But I don't want a world of time in the pocket tho. Hopefully they will balance the DT pressure according to the rating of the DT or how good he is. But overall this is some good news.
I agree,

Hopefully we at least get a somewhat more realistic outcome this year.....even if it still looks bad

They need to find a serviceable enough balance.......because I sure as hell don't want to go back to that 09 Cut Blocking Fest either.

....where stud D-Line Units are flopping all over the place against some Back Road State's wimpy OL

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 04-19-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #26
Banned

General Butt Naked's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
We will most likely see some big improvements with the oline/dline interaction next year probably. This year they focus on the passing and D. But it is good that they tweaked the DTs from been so Superman like this year. Just hoping they didn't water the DT down to much to make them uselss.
Yeah, I agree that was the first thing on a list of many that they needed to do. I also agree they will probably address o line d line interaction next year, which sucks. I think you will see a lot of time in the pocket this year along with it being a horizontal pocket allowing you not to feel pressured. The DE's just never get upfield enough to make you feel their presence on the outside.

Let me just say this, If they revamped the blocking engagements and the running motion they would have a very solid game. Unfortunately the blocking engagements and the running motion just make the game seem stiff and computer like. But wow, really impressed with the graphics on the replays, love the defense aligning correctly, love the different coverage techniques. Thought lead passing was supposed to be in the game already not sure why their marketing that. I also thought different pass trajectories were already supposed to be in there.

Whenever they decide to totally revamp blocking engagements and the running motion, that will be the year people will say this game deserves recognition. As long as it doesn't have any glitches!
Old 04-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I'd consider the read and react, trajectory throws and animations new. Since it wasn't in there before, it's new. I don't care if they just switched one thing around in the code to do whatever they did. It hasn't existed before in the NCAA series, so in my opinion, that makes it new.
Actually both have been there in the game in '11 and '12.

Leading, behind, high and low throws have always been in the game and was heavily marketed in '09 as a New feature, it's just termed/marketed different for '13.

-so this is a Tuner that should've been dropped that year, so it's not new.

2010 marketed the New "Ball Tracking", just poorly coded to trigger the animations.
2011 marketed the New "Zone Defense", enter Super LB's and Psych DB's.

-both are Tuners that should've been dropped in their respective years, so they're not new.

QB's throwing on the run has been there, code/animations have been Tuned to run properly.

-so this is not new.

I can go through their list of New Features and do the same.

So what I see is the Tuner Function they marketed heavily to deal with these very issues, but never really used, now being used to market some Tweaks as New.

Just trying to really see what is "New" or have we now decided "Tuners" are worth paying for.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:43 PM   #28
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
I agree,

Hopefully we at least get a somewhat more realistic outcome this year.....even if it still looks bad

Hopefully they can find a serviceable enough balance.......because I sure as hell don't want to go back to that 09 Cut Blocking Fest either.

....where stud D-Line Units are flopping all over the place against some Back Road State's wimpy OL
I think the bold part is key for this year. I agree that OL/DL will hopefully get an overhaul next year but the tuning for OL/DL in NCAA/Madden 13 will hopefully yield more realistic pass rush and pressure.

If pass pressure is tuned better with dominant DE's getting upfield and Dlines in general collapsing the pocket within reasonable time frames combined with the slowed down QB movement when looking down field. will hopefully make the passing game more appropriately challenging.

So weaker pass blocking Olines against strong pass rushing defenses will promote those teams to run the ball, screen pass and utilize 1-3 step drop passes more. Likewise, teams with stronger pass blocking Olines against weaker pass rushing defenses to air it more and go deep downfied on loner developing plays.

Man I am ready for football season! lol
Old 04-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #29
Banned

General Butt Naked's Arena

OVR: 3

If pass trajectories weren't already in there, then why does everybody know that holding the button will throw a bullet and tapping will throw a lob. And I used to think that there was middle ground in this but apparently there were only two pass trajectories. Anyways its not new its just improved, but that said if thats true that their were only two pass trajectories then this is a welcomed improvement but I don't know why their marketing it or making a big deal about it. Are they preying on dumb consumers?
Old 04-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #30
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

I'd be perfectly okay if they decided to overhaul the passing game and just focus on that (and all that comes with it) with one exception.

If you are going to focus on passing, and make it virtually the only upgrade to gameplay, it needs to be done well. I'm fine with the idea that they just take it one step at a time, because whenever they try and promise the world, it just ends up being screwed up anyway.

If the option works, and passing works, we are going to have a good game next year. I think '11 was he year they tweaked the run game, and every since then, its been the high point of the series for me. Basically this is what the game should look like at release.

The Good:

- Pass game (drop backs, pump-fakes, throw on the run, etc)
- Coverage (zones, no psychic defenders, etc)
- Run & Option game (the run blocking logic is already fairly sound)
- Receivers (new catch animations, no psychic DB's)

The Bad:

- Defensive and Offensive line play (ratings don't matter, DT's get in easier on the pass rush than DE's, boring and completely unrealistic animations)
- Special Teams (still not able to block kicks, return game probably won't be great either)

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 04-19-2012, 07:51 PM   #31
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Man I am ready for football season! lol

I am always ready for college football season. I can careless about the Pros, give me college ball any day, all day, year round.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #32
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Butt Naked
If pass trajectories weren't already in there, then why does everybody know that holding the button will throw a bullet and tapping will throw a lob. And I used to think that there was middle ground in this but apparently there were only two pass trajectories. Anyways its not new its just improved, but that said if thats true that their were only two pass trajectories then this is a welcomed improvement but I don't know why their marketing it or making a big deal about it. Are they preying on dumb consumers?
Guess it depends on what your defination of new is.

If you thinking of 2 pass trajectories being the old way, with 23 new pass trajectories

or

If your thinking 23 pass trajectories is an improvement from 2 pass trajectories.....

It's whatever, I try not to put too much thought into the why for's and the what not's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »