Home

NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Podcast

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Podcast within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #33
Banned

General Butt Naked's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Podcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
The Bad:

- Defensive and Offensive line play (ratings don't matter, DT's get in easier on the pass rush than DE's, boring and completely unrealistic animations)
Unrealistic blocking engagements really takes away from the game. They are just so sticky. it affects every aspect of the game, passing, running, special teams. Their needs to be more movement within the engagement. Back and forth, side to side movement. And it need not be win or lose but struggle and advantage.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #34
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Guess it depends on what your defination of new is.

If you thinking of 2 pass trajectories being the old way, with 23 new pass trajectories

or

If your thinking 23 pass trajectories is an improvement from 2 pass trajectories.....

It's whatever, I try not to put too much thought into the why for's and the what not's.
Is new something that has already been there, then changed? Or is new something that has not been there, then introduced?

Last edited by General Butt Naked; 04-19-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:30 PM   #35
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

All I really need to hear from EA this year is that I'll be able to tell the difference between a 55 Overall O-Lineman, and a 95 Overall. To me, that is the domino that has the ability to knock down all of the rest.

If it doesn't matter how good a player is at their position, there is less variety in terms of gameplay. If it doesn't matter whether I have 95 overalls blocking for me or 55's, than recruiting doesn't matter. If recruiting doesn't matter, than Dynasty becomes unplayable. If I can't have a Dynasty, I have no incentive to play the game.

Just want some kind of clarification from this, because from my understanding and experience, it doesn't matter who I am playing on offensive/defensive line, and that completely ruins the experience for me. Its like speed is the only rating that does anything worthwhile in NCAA.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #36
Banned

At the least, they have to show some improvement in blocking engagements, even if it is not a lot. They said they addressed the DT situation, but thats just not enough. It just affects every play in the game and it hasn't changed in 10 years. That, and the running motion needs to be altered and eventually redone.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Butt Naked
Is new something that has already been there, then changed? Or is new something that has not been there, then introduced?
does it matter if its new who cares what they put on the back of the box if it plays better hell call it a popcorn maker i could care less,,,,,i said once i'll say it again some of yall just hate for no reason other than its EA...plain andv simple.... FYI ...IMPROVED MY PLAYER,MOST ACCURATE NBA 2K EVER,TOTAL SHOT STICK....NBA 2K12 .....TAKE YOUR PLAYER TO MINORS TO PROS IMPROVED ROAD TO THE SHOW,,,ALL-NEW TRU BROADCAST......both of those game market crap that was already in game....now be fair...or can you
Old 04-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #38
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
All I really need to hear from EA this year is that I'll be able to tell the difference between a 55 Overall O-Lineman, and a 95 Overall. To me, that is the domino that has the ability to knock down all of the rest.

If it doesn't matter how good a player is at their position, there is less variety in terms of gameplay. If it doesn't matter whether I have 95 overalls blocking for me or 55's, than recruiting doesn't matter. If recruiting doesn't matter, than Dynasty becomes unplayable. If I can't have a Dynasty, I have no incentive to play the game.

Just want some kind of clarification from this, because from my understanding and experience, it doesn't matter who I am playing on offensive/defensive line, and that completely ruins the experience for me. Its like speed is the only rating that does anything worthwhile in NCAA.
This, exactly.

Something else from the podcast that I don't think anyone mentioned: Read-and-React applies to option runs, too. One of the devs said that CBs will run with WRs on option runs (and normal runs, too, I'd assume) rather than crashing down immediately.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Old 04-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #39
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
If the new "Trajectory" throws and the read-n-react system are nothing more than tweaked/updated code to what was there already, what's actually NEW?

We're going back to the '09 release that was a Pass Happy game.

I knew they would go in depth about Gameplay for '13 because there really isn't anything NEW that was injected into the game.

So would the Dev Team be lying if they said this really isn't NCAA 12.5?
This is my worry. They added all these tools for throwing and supposedly removed psychic DBs. What did they do to help the defense?
Old 04-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
does it matter if its new who cares what they put on the back of the box if it plays better hell call it a popcorn maker i could care less,,,,,i said once i'll say it again some of yall just hate for no reason other than its EA...plain andv simple.... FYI ...IMPROVED MY PLAYER,MOST ACCURATE NBA 2K EVER,TOTAL SHOT STICK....NBA 2K12 .....TAKE YOUR PLAYER TO MINORS TO PROS IMPROVED ROAD TO THE SHOW,,,ALL-NEW TRU BROADCAST......both of those game market crap that was already in game....now be fair...or can you
I can tell you did not read the whole dialogue between us. I was questioning his definition of NEW. I admitted that the improvements were welcomed and make the game better but they are not new. It seems like your assuming like im bashing the game. You seem defensive. Oh yeah, by the way we should be talking about everything bad with the game because we are the consumers. You see, if you buy a product without being critical about it then the business will continue to produce the same product because your buying it. If your critical and point out why the product is not a good one, then the business will adjust accordingly in order to keep sales up. This is the free market. Businesses that produce a better product stay in business those who don't go out of business. Unfortunately, consumers like you don't like people criticizing NCAA 13 and for what reason? it doesn't affect you in any way if I criticize. On the other hand if people don't criticize like you would have them, then there is no demand for a better product. This affects both of us.

Last edited by General Butt Naked; 04-19-2012 at 09:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »