Home

Amazing Dynasty File "Evaporation" story!

This is a discussion on Amazing Dynasty File "Evaporation" story! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Amazing Dynasty File "Evaporation" story!

Amazing Dynasty File evaporation story!

Guys, whatsup. Haven't posted here in a while but I thought you all would get a kick out of what happened in our online dynasty the other day. I'll be surprised if anyone has ever seen this exact circumstance. I know its long but its a pretty hilarious read (for someone that it didnt happen to).

So here we go:

So we just completed season 8 of this dynasty and were progressing to the offseason. Got to Coaching Carousel. As commish I basically just force each guy to stay with their team (we are in a Teambuilder Dynasty so no one is going anywhere).

Anyways, I get to the guy who just won the National Championship (his 3rd by the way). And the system has FIRED him, and fired him for the reason of "He did not meet his contract requirements". Seriously, dude just won the SEC, AND the NC, and had only 1 loss. Shouldn't winning the NC trump everything else on a contract (NOTE: It literally said FIRED, not contract ended or anything like that).

Anyways, as is our custom, if a guy gets canned, we normally just kick him from the dynasty and reinvite so he can rejoin his team. Well, since I hadn't actually assigned him to a team (it wanted him to become the OC at a low level school) I just went to 'Online Dynasty Teams and Owners' and went to eliminate him and reinvite. Well I wasn't paying attention and his TEAM showed in the list but not his username. I went to delete him (so I clicked on the team) and it said "You have removed ____ from TEAM ABC." (The team name was listed but there was a blank space where his name used to be. Thought everything looked good.... BUT THEN...

It kicked me back to the Online Dynasty screen outside of the dynasty and THE DYNASTY WAS GONE! Two other guys inside the dynasty when it happened texted me and were like 'Dude did the dynasty disappear'? Yep it had.

So we decided to restore it from a previous iteration. We could not reinvite at 'Coaching Carousel' because guys can't join then. They had to wait until 'Players Leaving'. Well when they joined they went to save their guys and it told every one of them "You are not allowed to try and save this player". WTF. So we blew that version up and found a guy that had an older saved file (before the previous seasons' bowls).

Everyone had to replay their bowl and we thought "Hey we'll just kick the guy who won the NC BEFORE the bowl and have him create a new coach. SURELY they won't kick him then."

Oh contraire': Dude WON the NC with a new coach on a new contract (so his literal lifetime record was 1-0) and sure enough it STILL fired him for not meeting his contract goals! Crazy!

Anyways, we fought through this mess for two days and finally are working through our offseason now but seriously, EA if you read and a I know you do, PLEASE log this in your error notes for '13:

* A coach who wins the NC should NEVER be fired for 'not meeting his contract goals'. I don't care what his goals are. You win the NC, no one will care if you didn't fill all your roster needs before the offseason haha

* Don't ever fire a brand new coach who signs a brand new contract, especially if his ONLY win is in the National Championship. That's craziness.

* Do not allow us to have access to a file that, when deleted, will literally evaporate the dynasty. For real.

* Do not have a scenario where a player is trying to leave early and an owner is told "You are not allowed to try and save this player" (unless the coach has no time left or the recruit has already made up his mind.)

~~~
Hope you guys got a kick outta this, and hopefully EA can try and replicate this situation so they can prevent it and make sure none of this ever happens again...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Amazing Dynasty File "Evaporation" story!

This same exact thing just happened to me this morning in NCAA 13. Obviously they didn't fix this HUGE glitch when they rolled out NCAA 13. Something that really needs to be addressed!!!!!!!

My advice to others who are in the this same situation (someone gets fired but you want to give them their old team back).

1. Assign them a new job - doesn't matter which one.
2. Advance to players leaving stage.
3. Delete user - re-invite him so he can take over his team he was fired from.

I don't know if that actually works or not but it would be the next logical thing to do so you can avoid the evaporation!

Anyone have instructions on how to restore a dynasty file? I've never done it.

Wow. I can't believe this happened.

Last edited by jaredbaszler; 11-07-2012 at 11:16 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »