Home

NCAA Football 13 Video - USC Intro with Rece Davis In Studio Update

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Video - USC Intro with Rece Davis In Studio Update within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #49
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - USC Intro with Rece Davis In Studio Update

Just entirely too much dead air. EA doesn’t understand how to do cut scenes correctly. They stay on them way to long & the dialog is just uninspiring and dull. It would be a nice addition if they could just merge everything better. Also the same run out animations with the QB doing the stupid looking dance brings nothing new to the intro etc. It makes me feel like it’s the same game. I also seen no new equipment. It looked just like NCAA 12 other than the updates.

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 05-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #50
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - USC Intro with Rece Davis In Studio Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfreecloud
well put. there's a reason everyone skips the intros.
I wouldn't say that. I always watch the intros. Adds to my immersion in the game and gets me hyped up to play my dynasty game. I do wish their had been an eruption of noise when he planted the sword, but the look-ins and other studio stuff was pretty cool.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #51
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

I've always been one to enjoy the intros, and all of the additions are going to make it that much better. Some things I noticed:

- The "swerve" running seems just about gone. Makes the running animation look way better.
- Rece Davis sounds a little patched together, but I expected no less with this being his first year in the game. Still sounds great.
- The studio updates are huge for me. It will go a long way in immersing me into my dynasty. Before this year, its like everything happened in a neat little box, where it was my team, and then the team I was playing. Which as we all know, is not at all how college football should be.
- The crowd is improved, but not where I had hoped it would be. As others have said, the crowd needs to swell in dramatic moments (in game and pre-game), not stay at a flat volume.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #52
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Just entirely too much dead air. EA doesn’t understand how to do cut scenes correctly. They stay on them way to long & the dialog is just uninspiring and dull. It would be a nice addition if they could just merge everything better. Also the same run out animations with the QB doing the stupid looking dance brings nothing new to the intro etc. It makes me feel like it’s the same game. I also seen no new equipment. It looked just like NCAA 12 other than the updates.
I don't understand the gushing over this ESPN stuff. Rece spit out a bunch of generic lines, and then updated later on with a score alert that seemed to take place far too early on, and again, delivered a generic sounding update. "The.. Clemson Tigers beat.. The Auburn Tigers 24 to.. 17" Obviously that's not exactly what he said. But you get my point, I think.

The team intro is dreadfully boring and so uninteresting, now that we've seen what they are and have been practically unchanged(custom music being played is the only change/addition since '11). There needs to be more sound during it. Perhaps some FMV or something that we would normally see on a jumbotron to be pieced together with the intro. More player chatter and chanting in the locker room. Something, to bring the dead air to life. As is, it's not worth watching, to me.

The very small snippet of gameplay we saw was a kickoff and return, and we see near perfect blocking, that awful run animation, same zig-zagging and lack of proper locomotion. Why is he carrying the ball like that?

Highly unimpressive.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #53
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NCAA Football 13 Video - USC Intro with Rece Davis In Studio Update

Did the coach shout something during the walk out? I don't remember that from last year.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 05-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 17

Looked cool, I scared of repetition though

also it was good seeing my dawgs at #2 and Crowell with 200+ yds on the ground
Old 05-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #55
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16

Best part: Live look in to see Tech beat those Longhorns! Cant wait till next Thursday.

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #56
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15
They need to work on Rece's parts, they do not flow at all. When he mentions that Texas was #9 going into the game and wonders how far they will fall, then says the line about the "unthinkable" happening... We've already established they've lost so that second comment is completely useless (as it attempts to build drama in a situation where there is now none). Same goes for the Comment about Tech getting upset by UMD.

The comment about upsets etc. need to come first then you remark on possible/inevitable falls in the polls. Hopefully that will be addressed between now and release date as its the only bad thing about that presentation. At the moment it looks like a broadcast on ABC/ESPN, but it doesn't sound like one you would enjoy on Saturdays in the fall. Great work but if it ships like that I and many others will be disappointed

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »