Home

NCAA 13 - Top Position Players

This is a discussion on NCAA 13 - Top Position Players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2012, 06:52 PM   #41
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NCAA 13 - Top Position Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoqball
so you go to kentucky and you root against the school you actually attend. The school that will possibly set up your entire future.

That's pathetic.
Not really. I graduated from the University of South Carolina but I am a Tar Heel fan in the major sports--football, basketball, and baseball. SCar and UNC used to play in a basketball tourney in Charlotte and I always rooted against the Gamecocks; they played in football a while back and again, I rooted against the Gamecocks. It has nothing to do with SCar's history of mediocrity because in the present, the Gamecocks have the better football program and are back-to-back defending national champs in baseball. It's just that a knew what sports was at a younger age than I knew what college was about, and I grew up a Tar Heel fan. Living in SC, there was no way I could afford out-of-state tuition to attend Chapel Hill, and SCar was the best school in the state for what I wanted to do.

It happens man. Go to a random Division I college and you'll see students walking around campus wearing apparel of other schools every day. Some students actually go to a school for the academics and not the athletics.

Last edited by jd@os; 05-13-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 16

Havent been here on OS in a while, so I am not caught up with whats even going on with this game so far...

But with regards to top players at each position, LOL at people saying Tyler Bray belongs up there at QB. Listen, the guys good, but he is not top 5 in the country. Maybe not even top 10.

Here's my top rated guys:

Disclaimer: These are just how I would rate them. Not necessarily how I think they will be in the game

QB: Matt Barkley - Tyler Wilson
RB: Montee Ball - Marcus Lattimore
FB: Not really well versed on full backs
WR: Robert Woods - Marquess Wilson
TE: Tyler Elfert - Joseph Foria
OL: Barrett Jones - Taylor Lewan
DL: Star Lotulelei - Barkevious Mingo
LB: Jarvis Jones - Manti Te'o
CB: David Amerson - Xavier Rhodes
S: TJ McDonald - Baccari Rambo

Notes:
Keenan Allen will be the #2 rated WR in the game. I have no doubt about that. I just think Wilson should be higher.

Tyrann Mathieu will be the top rated defensive player in the game. I have no doubt about that either. He shouldnt be though. He shouldnt even be in the top 2 rated players at his position.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:43 PM   #43
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by unc_kobw
Tyronn Mathieu is playing in the top conference against the most well rounded talent in the country. He should (most people will agree with me here) be the top rated defensive player on the game. I gave Amerson his credit being a better coverage corner, but he is not a better player. Not as versatile as Mathieu is. And I do agree Claiborne was a better corner than Mathieu. But Mathieu was one of the best playmakers in the country if not the best.
He shouldn't be the highest rated, he should just have high hit power(No strip ball rating) and awareness.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 05-13-2012, 10:44 PM   #44
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Brandon Jenkins will be highly rated also.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #45
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoqball
so you go to kentucky and you root against the school you actually attend. The school that will possibly set up your entire future.

That's pathetic.
If u go to UK u would root against them too. I went to OSU but when they played Duke last year I rooted for Duke.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #46
Rookie

nikka's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Havent been here on OS in a while, so I am not caught up with whats even going on with this game so far...

But with regards to top players at each position, LOL at people saying Tyler Bray belongs up there at QB. Listen, the guys good, but he is not top 5 in the country. Maybe not even top 10.

Here's my top rated guys:

Disclaimer: These are just how I would rate them. Not necessarily how I think they will be in the game

QB: Matt Barkley - Tyler Wilson
RB: Montee Ball - Marcus Lattimore
FB: Not really well versed on full backs
WR: Robert Woods - Marquess Wilson
TE: Tyler Elfert - Joseph Foria
OL: Barrett Jones - Taylor Lewan
DL: Star Lotulelei - Barkevious Mingo
LB: Jarvis Jones - Manti Te'o
CB: David Amerson - Xavier Rhodes
S: TJ McDonald - Baccari Rambo

Notes:
Keenan Allen will be the #2 rated WR in the game. I have no doubt about that. I just think Wilson should be higher.

Tyrann Mathieu will be the top rated defensive player in the game. I have no doubt about that either. He shouldnt be though. He shouldnt even be in the top 2 rated players at his position.

^^^ THIS

Tyrann Mathieu will probably be a 95 OVR which would be the second best safety.. Bacari Rambo will likely be a 92-93 OVR
Old 05-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

New guy here, I'm an avid NCAA football player and came across this forum and I'd like to share an opinion. This is just off the top of the head so don't murder me if I left out somebody haha

Offense
QB: 1. Matt Barkley (98), 2A. Tyler Wilson (95-96), 2B. Geno Smith (95-96), 2C. Landry Jones (95-96) 3. Denard Robinson(93)
RB: 1. Marcus Lattimore (97) 2. Montee Ball (96) 3. Knile Davis (94-96) 4. Stepfan Taylor (94) 5. Michael Dyer (93)
WR: 1. Robert Woods (97) 2. Sammy Watkins (95) 3. Marquess Wilson (95) 4. Keenan Allen (94) 5. Cobi Hamilton (93)
OL: 1. Barrett Jones (Bama) 2. Chris Faulk (LSU) 3. D.J. Fluker (Bama) 4. Jake Matthews (A&M) 5. Khaled Holmes (USC)

Defense
Safety: 1A. TJ McDonald (95) 1B. Baccari Rambo (95) 1C. Robert Lester (95) 1D. Ray-Ray Armstrong 5. Tony Jefferson (92) (Put Eric Reid in there somewhere, when I watched LSU I noticed Honey Badger and Claiborne, never saw Reid to be honest.)
CB: 1. David Amerson (96) 2. Tyrann Mathieu (95) 3. Jonathan Banks (94) 4. Xavier Rhodes (94) 5. DeMarcus Millner (93)
LB: Manti Te'o (97), 2A. Chase Thomas (96) 2B. Jarvis Jones (96) 3A. Jelani Jenkins (94) 3B. Tom Wort (94)
DL: Sam Montgomery (LSU), 2A. Brandon Jenkins (FSU) 2B. Barkevious Mingo (LSU) 3. Johnathon Hankins (OSU) 4. Kwame Geathers.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #48
Rookie

nikka's Arena

OVR: 5

I'd rate the RB's like this

Montee Ball 97 OVR
Marcus Lattimore 94 OVR
Kenjon Barner 92 OVR
Knile Davis 92 OVR
Ray Graham 92 OVR
Michael Dyer 91 OVR
DeAnthony Thomas 91 OVR
Stepfan Taylor 91 OVR
Joseph Randle 91 OVR
James White 90 OVR
Eddy Lacy 90 OVR
Fitzgerald Toussaint 90 OVR
Giovanni Bernard 90 OVR
John White 90 OVR
Rex Burkhead 89 OVR
Silas Redd 89 OVR
Isi Sofele 89 OVR
Isiah Crowell 88 OVR
Malcom Brown 88 OVR

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »