Home

How did I not win the Heisman?

This is a discussion on How did I not win the Heisman? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2012, 01:36 AM   #1
Rookie

TreyDobbs's Arena

OVR: 5
How did I not win the Heisman?

Okay so I play on Heisman difficultly. My receiver had 4,700 all purpose yards and 41 all purpose TDs. He had 3,756 receiving yards out of those all purpose yards with 38 receiving TDs. The rest were all on special teams as far as the TDs and yards go. His yards per reception was 41.7. I'm playing with SMU and am head coach in 2017 in the Big East.

The Heisman winner was from Auburn. He had 1549 rushing yards with 18 TDs on the season.

HOW IN THE WORLD DID I NOT BEAT HIM? I don't understand. I'm in a BCS conference just like Auburn, so being in a competitive conference isn't even an arguement here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2012, 01:44 AM   #2
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: How did I not win the Heisman?

Heisman logic is Flawed. I don't even pay attention to the heisman on NCAA.

Surprised your player didn't win. Receivers seem to always win.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:48 AM   #3
Rookie

TreyDobbs's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
Heisman logic is Flawed. I don't even pay attention to the heisman on NCAA.

Surprised your player didn't win. Receivers seem to always win.
At first, I thought it could have been because Auburn was the #1 team in the nation, but I jumped them in both the BCS and Media polls. They're #1 in the Coaches. The bright side is, I play them in the national championship and will hopefully thump them. I agree with you though, Heisman logic is seriously flawed. The Auburn RB who won wasn't even in the top 5 in rushing leaders in the nation. Ridiculous. I also led every week including the conference championship week, then the Auburn RB jumped me after the advancement to bowl season.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:28 AM   #4
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Ya Heisman is more like winning the lottery than earning it outright by stats.

What I mean by the game seems to just put the top 3-5 players names in a hat then draw a winner at random. You can always just reload the save if you wish to
Old 05-20-2012, 02:38 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

I wonder if it fixed in 13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #6
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

If your stats are too good, I believe you do not win.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 05-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

It seems as though the game punishes you, in terms of the Heisman, if you do not play in a Conference Championship Game. You say you are in the Big East, meaning that you most likely did not play in one (maybe you did with custom conferences, I'm not sure). But Auburn did, so because of that, their player won the Heisman because he played during the last week and you did not.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #8
Rookie

nascar163's Arena

OVR: 4

I actually had this SAME problem in Road to Glory as well. I put this in the glitch thread as well. So here's what happened:

My QB would be leading the Heisman race the entire year, dominating most of them, even breaking multiple records. I had been robbed in the Heisman race the year before after leading the whole year as well. So, this is during my Junior year with the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets being 11-1 going into Conference Championship Week. So I play in the ACC Championship Week and we go into a shootout against NC State. Now, the Stats were: 247 Yards, 3TD's, 1 INT, 19 Rushes, 49 Yards, 2 Tackles. So we go into Bowl Week when the Announce the Hiesman race, and for the Second straight year, I got passed after Conference Championship Week by some HB from Penn State. So I go and look in my stats for the Heisman standings, where my stats in the Heisman race are 2 Tackles.

This glitch imo happens if you play the Conference Championship or not, as it deletes your stats if you play in it and you're punished for not having as high of stats if you don't make it. They need to fix this in NCAA 13, or else RTG is useless, since some people have had the glitch and others haven't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »