Home

How do I get a top head coach offer? It seems impossible.

This is a discussion on How do I get a top head coach offer? It seems impossible. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #17
Rookie

TreyDobbs's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: How do I get a top head coach offer? It seems impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
Anything less than perfection? Auburn has one Nat'l title in 50 years....I'm just a little confused here....
I'm saying if I control them I expect perfection. That's why I don't like playing with them. I take the game way too seriously if I do.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #18
Banned

Lear Pilot's Arena

OVR: 1

I really hate it when people say, "there is nothing wrong with the system" or "I don't see any problems with the system". Either you've been lucky or you are blind.

I've had multiple dynasties where I start off as a coordinator, get a HC job at a small school, have great success (one loss in three seasons, 2 NC's), yet the best job offer I get is a two star school.

If you don't think there is a problem, try paying attention to other jobs. I saw LSU fire Les Miles just to hire a C+ prestige defensive coordinator, from a two star school that just went 4-8!!!! PLEASE tell me that is realistic!!!
Old 05-21-2012, 09:14 PM   #19
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

You need to move from SMU to a lower level "power conference" i.e, Vandy, Kentucky, Iowa State, Baylor, Arizona, Maryland

I've taken Baylor jobs in two separate dynastys (as an OC and HC) and both lead to a HC job at LSU (from the Baylor HC job) and a HC job at Arkansas (from the Baylor OC job, which I turned down thinking there was a better offer out there)

@AdamdotH
Old 05-21-2012, 09:52 PM   #20
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lear Pilot
I really hate it when people say, "there is nothing wrong with the system" or "I don't see any problems with the system". Either you've been lucky or you are blind.

I've had multiple dynasties where I start off as a coordinator, get a HC job at a small school, have great success (one loss in three seasons, 2 NC's), yet the best job offer I get is a two star school.

If you don't think there is a problem, try paying attention to other jobs. I saw LSU fire Les Miles just to hire a C+ prestige defensive coordinator, from a two star school that just went 4-8!!!! PLEASE tell me that is realistic!!!
This is the truth. And it's the sole reason I haven't touched NCAA since November. I normally play this game until the next one comes out.

This issue needs some serious attention. I'm not buying the game again so it can sit like '12 did.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #21
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8

I too have never had a problem with Coach Contracts.

Just because you do well, doesn't mean other coaches are getting fired. So first and fore most a job has to be open. Secondly, teams tend to go for Alma Maters and similar playstyles.

I've gone from OC at EMU to HC at EMU to HC at Mizz to HC at BC. I've had offers from bigger schools, but I'm waiting for the Oklahoma job. (Bob Stoops will never get fired though )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #22
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerRaptor
I too have never had a problem with Coach Contracts.

Just because you do well, doesn't mean other coaches are getting fired. So first and fore most a job has to be open. Secondly, teams tend to go for Alma Maters and similar playstyles.

I've gone from OC at EMU to HC at EMU to HC at Mizz to HC at BC. I've had offers from bigger schools, but I'm waiting for the Oklahoma job. (Bob Stoops will never get fired though )
But that IS the problem. I've been the head coach of a small school and the Florida job comes open or the LSU job does and they hire a coordinator from a non BCS school with a losing record. That's the problem. Once you are a head coach, you are significantly less likely to get a HC job at another school except one that isn't very good. After winning 2 national titles in 8 years at Rice, my best offer was Mizzou who was coming off a 2-10 year. That's in the same year when Alabama and USC were open. I should have at least had a sniff at those big time jobs considering what I had accomplished, but I didn't. Both hired coordinators from weak schools.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:20 AM   #23
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

After my 4th season as OC at UCF, I was offered the HC job at Florida, Stanford, Tennessee, and a bunch of other schools, on top of OC jobs at all of those schools plus Notre Dame, Texas, and Ohio State.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 05-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 11
Not saying there is not a problem with coaching carousel but I haven't seen it. I ended up at Lsu when les miles was fired after year 3. I started as OC of usm then after year 2 went to be OC of Arizona State. Won bcs championship at Arizona State. If play styles totally mattered I would NOT have ended up at Lsu. I use usm playbook w/ no huddle and 425 defense. My alma mater is either Tulsa buffalo or usm. So alma mater didn't have an effect on my getting Lsu either. I believe in 3 years as OC only had 2 losses, 1 bcs championship win. My contract was up when I went to Arizona State. I had 2 years left at Arizona State when I went to Lsu. 2 bcs championship wins with Lsu, had 31 game winning streak snapped this year.

I am thinking about moving to different school but only one really interests me for next season, going back to usm and building them back up.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »