Home

NCAA Football 2013 - Will there be duplicate numbers?

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 2013 - Will there be duplicate numbers? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA Football 2013 - Will there be duplicate numbers?

I actually hate duplicate numbers in real life and wish in this one case that the NCAA would follow the video games lead and get rid of them. A players number on a team in a lot of ways is his identity especially to the public and two guys with same number just dont sit well with me.

that said to keep everything real I suppose they should add it
Old 05-26-2012, 11:59 PM   #34
Pro

TDavis45's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
If soeone will cheese and put in a corner at qb, what does the number have to do with anything?

You dont need to sacrifice anything. EA just refuses to do it (for reasons unkown) and pretends it is for some noble anti-cheater reason. Not buying it for a second.
If you have not been aware.. EA has been avoiding many problems by implementing nearly worthless features.

and if the CB and the QB have the same number it could be hard to recognize that a switch was made.

PS4 Username: TJDavis45

Isaiah 41:10
Old 05-27-2012, 12:10 AM   #35
Rookie

WKUTopper9's Arena

OVR: 2

Someone explain how our own roster edits would create problems online when only the numbers transfer to online rosters. There would be 0 confusion because it wouldn't be a two sided thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2012, 12:11 AM   #36
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
This slightly comes in my Top 100 on my complaint list.

Actually the only time it bothers me at all is at the very beginning when we're trying to get all the numbers to match correctly and even then it seems to works out. I see little to no need for duplicate numbers once you get further into dynasty, not with the current roster limitations anyway.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-27-2012, 12:54 AM   #37
Rookie

Jakeboutte's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDavis45
You just answered your own question.

If it was 4th quarter and i was up by a field goal with a short amount of time left and I dont notice that the other person made a QB switch with a blazing fast CB...He could take off and score a touchdown.

However I would sacrifice that any day for there to be duplicate numbers.....and a larger roster
OK sweet thats exactly what I thought! Thanks!
Old 05-27-2012, 04:54 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Wow, when I asked this question I had no idea I would get this many responses... Although, I am very glad that so many people seem to be as ticked off about this as I am!

For all of those who say they don't see the need, I offer another real life example: In 2009, Alabama won the National Championship with a first round draft pick at corner, Kareem Jackson, and an amazing freshman running back that scored two TDs in the NCG, Trent Richardson.... THEY BOTH WORE #3!

For all of those who say it is for legal purposes... Don't you think that if the NCAA wanted to nail EA for being too realistic, they would have done it already? I mean, there is plenty enough already for them to build a solid case. This isn't going to push them overboard.

As for the Online Dynasty Cheating theory, here is your fix: Each player has a specific base position. Why not highlight defensive players in red presnap and offensive players in blue. That way if someone on offense is red, boom. Easy enough?

This is quite simply one of the most frustrating things in my opinion, because I am pretty sure it would take EA all of 2 hours to add this into the game, yet they are too lazy (it seems) to do it.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:00 AM   #39
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Of all the issues with the game, I find this to be a minor annoyance that really has no impact on the game itself. All the hype that surrounds this issue quite frankly baffles me, when I compare it to the real issues the game has on the field and off.

That being said, there's really no reason for this to not be allowed at this point in time. Just allow the end user to edit a players number to whatever they want it to be with no locks. Problem solved and everyone is happy.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:23 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 29

RCopenhagen EA has been sued at least a couple of times regarding the issue of player likeness not from the NCAA itself but from former athletes. Not saying that's necessarily the thing keeping them from putting it in just saying it is an issue they have to deal with

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »