Home

NCAA Football 2013 - Will there be duplicate numbers?

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 2013 - Will there be duplicate numbers? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #41
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 2013 - Will there be duplicate numbers?

If the real reason that there are no duplicate numbers is because of cheating that is really dumb because the people that are obsessed with cheating to get online wins will always find a way to cheat.

This is why I think the game should always focus on offline first. Sure there are a lot of great and honest people that play online but they will never eliminate cheating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #42
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCopenhagen
Wow, when I asked this question I had no idea I would get this many responses... Although, I am very glad that so many people seem to be as ticked off about this as I am!

For all of those who say they don't see the need, I offer another real life example: In 2009, Alabama won the National Championship with a first round draft pick at corner, Kareem Jackson, and an amazing freshman running back that scored two TDs in the NCG, Trent Richardson.... THEY BOTH WORE #3!

For all of those who say it is for legal purposes... Don't you think that if the NCAA wanted to nail EA for being too realistic, they would have done it already? I mean, there is plenty enough already for them to build a solid case. This isn't going to push them overboard.

As for the Online Dynasty Cheating theory, here is your fix: Each player has a specific base position. Why not highlight defensive players in red presnap and offensive players in blue. That way if someone on offense is red, boom. Easy enough?

This is quite simply one of the most frustrating things in my opinion, because I am pretty sure it would take EA all of 2 hours to add this into the game, yet they are too lazy (it seems) to do it.
It is not the NCAA but the players. The thing is, with enough inaccuracies EA can claim that some of the instances are merely coincidence. Proving the use of one's likeness is fairly difficult to prove but if EA were to have every person in the game correct in all their information than it would make them far more susceptible to the lawsuit.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Of all the issues with the game, I find this to be a minor annoyance that really has no impact on the game itself. All the hype that surrounds this issue quite frankly baffles me, when I compare it to the real issues the game has on the field and off.

That being said, there's really no reason for this to not be allowed at this point in time. Just allow the end user to edit a players number to whatever they want it to be with no locks. Problem solved and everyone is happy.
This is as simple as it gets. Its not a major issue (no one has said it was) but it makes no sense why its not in the game by now.

To be honest, I don't really care if duplicate numbers gets in (Im more of an NFL number scheme guy anyway). But many have complained and asked for it so just get it done already EA.

I can understand if EA were weary of programming the locking of the two players from being on the field simultaneously; which would be adhering to NCAA rules. As it is now, anyone can play anywhere. Preventing the two players from being active at the same time would mean programming the numbers of players to affect all sorts of other aspects of the game including playbooks, formations, special teams alignments and more. I can understand if the developers were unwilling to waste time doing that.

Last edited by kingkilla56; 05-27-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
It is not the NCAA but the players. The thing is, with enough inaccuracies EA can claim that some of the instances are merely coincidence. Proving the use of one's likeness is fairly difficult to prove but if EA were to have every person in the game correct in all their information than it would make them far more susceptible to the lawsuit.
I guess that the argument that I have with this is that I am not asking EA to make the rosters 100% accurate when the game hits the shelves. It's the same as player names. EA leaves their rosters unnamed, but gives gamers the ability to edit the names for their own amusement. This is not something that EA has to be held accountable for since they are not actually naming the players. I just want roster numbers to be editable in the same way as the names are. They don't have to make them perfect for us, they just have to give us the ability to change them on our own. I don't see the issue with this...
Old 05-28-2012, 11:33 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 29

Your right they shouldn't be, but they have been and probably will continue to be held accountable by former NCAA athletes who feel we shouldn't have the ability to play as their likeness regardless of whose providing it to us without being payed for it. It's true that were talking about user created content, but in their eyes EA is giving us the tools to create their likeness and then share it with everyone without compensating them

at least that's what my tiny brain has been able to gather from all the lawsuit threads we've had here

Last edited by moylan1234; 05-28-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2012, 11:43 PM   #46
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

I can make an entire 70 player team with the last name Jones. Why can I not have two players wearing #2?

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 05-29-2012, 12:45 AM   #47
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
I can make an entire 70 player team with the last name Jones. Why can I not have two players wearing #2?
i understand the point you're trying to make but that is an awful comparison.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:09 AM   #48
Rookie

WKUTopper9's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i understand the point you're trying to make but that is an awful comparison.
Not really. If you apply that stupid argument about cheaters online, if you named an entire team Jones, theoretically, since you can only really read the names at the bottom of the players during game play, then someone could still do the ol' switcheroo and cheat.

So....let's just limit naming people with the same name OR unlock the numbers so we can create realism

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »