Home

NCAA 13 Tuning Suggestions

This is a discussion on NCAA 13 Tuning Suggestions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2012, 02:47 AM   #33
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NCAA 13 Tuning Suggestions

Hell if they just assign ratings that makes sense for a person of a certain weight, it would cut the time of editing rosters by 90%. Just talking common sense here. Some examples of EA's rosters that don't make sense:

300 pound lineman with 77 speed.

280lb DE with 88 speed.

250lb DE with 86 strength.

Defensive linemen with 88 spin, 82 juke and 80 jump

186lb RB, DB with 82 strength

190lb RB with 88 truck

Wide Receivers on option and spread teams with run block strength, run block footwork in the 40s.

All American or Impact player with 53 awareness just because he goes to a smaller school.

Freshmen at Alabama, LSU, Florida with ratings in the 90s for PRC, man coverage, zone coverage, tackling, block shedding..

Defensive backs with 92 hit power.

Defensive linemen across the board with 88 tackle 90 hit power.

Everybody acceleration rating higher then their speed rating. Makes no sense, not everybody has a fast quick instant burst in real life.

212lb LB with 86 strength, 88 tackle, 90 hit power.

230lb RB or FB with 72 break tackle and 66 truck rating, with 70 strength, but yet has 92 agility.

Defenders across the board with block shedding in the mid to high 80s.

================================================== ============================

Now I know due to player likeness blah blah blah they can't be specific. However they need to follow some type of guide line where the rating makes SENSE according to their weight and grade level. No way should freshmen come in rated in the high 80s and 90s in ANYTHING skill set wise.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:43 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 20

Yep GMSS, the default ratings are just insanely too high in many cases.

in 12, we had 310lb DT's with acceleration, agility, pursuit that rivaled a 95 spd RB.

Then the incoming freshman have (or had) ratings that essentially made them morons, even if a kid was the #1 recruit in the country.

Based on everyone's feedback on the demo, it looks like I'll keep playing golf and won't buy NCAA for the first time in a decade.

Last edited by pdiehm; 06-07-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #35
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

these issues now have me doing research to see if editing in dynasty made it back in ncaa 13....

we now know madden wont allow CC offline edits, i really hope editing is available out the box in 13

#18 greatest EVA....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2012, 04:58 AM   #36
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Hell if they just assign ratings that makes sense for a person of a certain weight, it would cut the time of editing rosters by 90%. Just talking common sense here. Some examples of EA's rosters that don't make sense:

300 pound lineman with 77 speed. Bruce Campell, 314lbs, 4.85 40 time

280lb DE with 88 speed. Ryan Lacasse, 260lbs, 4.54 40 time. Also, I have watched Justin Tuck (270bs) for the NY Giants run down a RB in the NFL before.

250lb DE with 86 strength. Vernon Gholston, 258lbs, 37 reps of 225

Defensive linemen with 88 spin, 82 juke and 80 jump

186lb RB, DB with 82 strength

190lb RB with 88 truck Dan "Boom" Herron made a career of running people over.

Wide Receivers on option and spread teams with run block strength, run block footwork in the 40s.

All American or Impact player with 53 awareness just because he goes to a smaller school.

Freshmen at Alabama, LSU, Florida with ratings in the 90s for PRC, man coverage, zone coverage, tackling, block shedding..

Defensive backs with 92 hit power.

Defensive linemen across the board with 88 tackle 90 hit power.

Everybody acceleration rating higher then their speed rating. Makes no sense, not everybody has a fast quick instant burst in real life. This is not completely true. In my dynasty there were 194 RBs with SPD over 90 and 139 with ACC over 90.

212lb LB with 86 strength, 88 tackle, 90 hit power.

230lb RB or FB with 72 break tackle and 66 truck rating, with 70 strength, but yet has 92 agility.

Defenders across the board with block shedding in the mid to high 80s.

================================================== ============================

Now I know due to player likeness blah blah blah they can't be specific. However they need to follow some type of guide line where the rating makes SENSE according to their weight and grade level. No way should freshmen come in rated in the high 80s and 90s in ANYTHING skill set wise.
I hear what you are saying, but I listed some players to show not everything is that far fetched.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 06-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #37
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

My tuning suggestion is to actually use the tuning system.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
I hear what you are saying, but I listed some players to show not everything is that far fetched.

I think what he is saying here is more along the lines that a default skill set needs to be applied. Most 300+ pound defensive tackles aren't running a 4.80 40 yard dash. That if by default EA assigned skill set numbers based on size that those rare "freaks" (abnormal athletes that separate from the crowd) would be much easier to modify and would have a noticeable difference.

In your situation, yes Dan Herron (I'm OSU fan so I'll use him) made a career over running people over as a RB, but 90% of the RBs out there at his size are more likely to juke, spin, run around the defender.

I believe this is the point he was trying to make.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #39
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Didn't see this thread and accidentally posted a new one. Lots of great ideas in here.

1. Crowd Noise: I put on my Turtle Beaches in the demo and was taken back at how much better the crowd noise is this year. But there was still something missing. Its much too quiet. The swells are awesome, the constant drum-line is great, but its all just too quiet. All I ask out of EA is to simply turn up the noise a bit, so its louder. NCAA Football stadiums are crazy, especially if its a big game.

2. In Game 3D Grass: This is probably the most unreasonable request of the group, but here it goes. The game is beautiful... In replays. The grass almost changes color when in replay to a much more lush green. It adds color, and helps make it seem like the players aren't standing on a dull green carpet.

3. Tune Ratings to benefit the Option: Do whatever you have to, but don't let the option game be broken by the time the game is released. There is no excuse at this point. The easiest way to do this? Tune the games ratings to benefit the option. I know there happens to be two guys who do a great job with that here on OS, so if in doubt, ask them.

4. Special Teams Blocking: It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to tune special teams to the point where once every 20 kicks/punts or so, somebody breaks through the line for a potential block.

5. CPU Run Game: This is one thing I can't say for sure hasn't been tuned, because I've only played on Varsity. But the CPU needs to be able to take advantage of the juke move, spin move, and stiff arm. The CPU has been playing handicapped ever since '06 came out, and its getting old. Time for a change!

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 06-19-2012, 02:01 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Everybody acceleration rating higher then their speed rating. Makes no sense, not everybody has a fast quick instant burst in real life. This is not completely true. In my dynasty there were 194 RBs with SPD over 90 and 139 with ACC over 90.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
cparrish lets not give EA any free rope...

the reason this game lacks player seperation is becuase of what you stated in your dynasty there shouldn't be that many players in the game period with 90+ speed and 90+ acceleration let alone just at RB.

why on earth is there 194's RB's with that type of speed?

You'd be lucky to find 4-5 RB's at the NFL Combine or Pro Day's running in that range yet EA gives us 190+ guys just at one position alone cranking out a 90+ speed...

Don't you guys think if they limited it down some it would make a true burner stand out in the game because very few of them would exist on the default rosters?

This is also my biggest complaint with the QB's in regards to throwing power and accuarcy. There are so many QB's in this game rated 80+ in both categories that you'd think all of them are NFL caliber players. That leads to the USER being able to take any QB in the game and put up big time numbers right out of the box throwing 20/25 because EA doesn't allow any seperation between the QB's you control.

How about giving a guy 60 arm strength so he can't be effective throwing deep forcing the ball to have less accuarcy on it within the game.

I do agree with Skillz about it being easier for us to rate players based on size factor's....that way if the default rosters were shipped with ratings that made more sense there would be less players to re-edit and we could identify special players or top rated overall players much easier by seperating them from the rest of the field.

Think about it how often do we truly see a big guy like a Bo Jackson or Herschel Walker be able to run with both power and elite speed?

Yet in the NCAA Football series you see these types of RB's throughout every team in the game rated by EA.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »