Home

NCAA Connected Careers: Community Brainstorming

This is a discussion on NCAA Connected Careers: Community Brainstorming within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #9
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA Connected Careers: Community Brainstorming

They need to get Coaching Carousel perfected where you are able to sign your own OC and DC before they start connecting careers and all that jive.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:40 PM   #10
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

I do not mind CC in the least bit as long as they don't half *** it like Madden has seemingly done by not allowing access to multiple player/teams by a single player.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 39

I have a feeling they didn't touch coaching carousel because they were focused on creating something similar to Connected Careers for NCAA. I'm actually pretty stoked if they're able to do it where you can import a player or coach.

Hopefully in the NCAA version, you can have more than 12 users.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #12
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12

yeah i'm hearing a lot of negative. probably because it's new and that causes hesitation. being able to control every team and such was a product of a bad system previously. being able to spend xp on your players to progress them is something needed. having the two modes match up speaks to a better import draft class. you'll have the ability to "retire" and move to any team/player. do some things, retire and go back to your team. having recruits have storylines and be dynamic very much needed. the mode isn't really taking away much functionality of the old system, it's improving on it and putting things in that have been requested for a while.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:39 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 4

Fix bugs and broken dynasty before putting in even MORE gimmicks
Old 06-09-2012, 05:12 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

God i hope this mode doesn't make it into NCAA Football.

I just read some of those Madden threads and honestly if this mode takes away the ability to edit players/Ratings i want no part of it.

As much as I was looking forward to purchasing Madden 13 that mode alone might actually just make me skip it this year.

I personally don't want to play a game that forces me to play only by the rules EA implements for this type of Dynasty/Franshise.

I would prefer to edit any player or team i damn well please since it was my $60 bucks spent.

If i don't want to play online why should i be penalized and not be allowed to manage rosters of the CPU teams on my own?

So i sure as hell hope EA doesn't go this route for NCAA unless we get to keep all the great offline editing ability we have now.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #15
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
God i hope this mode doesn't make it into NCAA Football.

I just read some of those Madden threads and honestly if this mode takes away the ability to edit players/Ratings i want no part of it.

As much as I was looking forward to purchasing Madden 13 that mode alone might actually just make me skip it this year.

I personally don't want to play a game that forces me to play only by the rules EA implements for this type of Dynasty/Franshise.

I would prefer to edit any player or team i damn well please since it was my $60 bucks spent.

If i don't want to play online why should i be penalized and not be allowed to manage rosters of the CPU teams on my own?

So i sure as hell hope EA doesn't go this route for NCAA unless we get to keep all the great offline editing ability we have now.
Its a great idea in theory. The problem is they rushed it. It was not complete. The end goal prior to implementation for EA was to make sure nothing had to be left out or removed. Instead now Franchise fans of the Madden series are left at the mercy of the AI or have to go online and guys like me who play local multiplayer are sh*t out of luck.

If the kinks can be worked out I would welcome it with open arms, but if it is half assed like Madden's version than I have no desire for it.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #16
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I for one would welcome CCM into NCAA Football.

A long-shot idea for Madden NFL 14 + NCAA Football 14 CCM: if a player had an online connected career in both games, regardless of single-player or multiplayer, he could connect the two online saves to each other. This could allow for draft class import from NCAA to Madden, reports from Madden down to NCAA on players' pro potentials, reports up from NCAA to Madden about players' draft stocks moving up and down, viewing of career statistic information of imported draft prospects, coaches transferring between Madden and NCAA, and so forth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »