Home

NCAA 13 Player Ratings Video

This is a discussion on NCAA 13 Player Ratings Video within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2012, 10:59 PM   #57
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA 13 Player Ratings Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Exactly. Klein is a GREAT runner, but more because of vision and pure power and instinct. I hate calling him Tim Tebow's right handed twin, but from a running perspective, they are similar. Not fast but damn good at it. I love guys like that and I do believe Klein at 86 speed is fair.

Taylor Martinez is just pure athleticism. Doesn't have great instincts, doesn't really protect the football, doesn't have the best vision and won't run over anything but his agility and speed are elite for that position. I think most roster edits had him around 90 speed last year which I thought was more than fair. Made it clear his speed was elite but also made sure a guy like Denard Robinson was clearly the best.
Last year I had Martinez at something like 96 speed, 74 agility, and 99 acceleration. I've always thought his straight line speed was off the charts, but he isn't the best at change of direction or movement in the pocket; hence the lower agility rating.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 06-06-2012, 11:03 PM   #58
Rookie

TheBadOwl's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Exactly. Klein is a GREAT runner, but more because of vision and pure power and instinct. I hate calling him Tim Tebow's right handed twin, but from a running perspective, they are similar. Not fast but damn good at it. I love guys like that and I do believe Klein at 86 speed is fair.

Taylor Martinez is just pure athleticism. Doesn't have great instincts, doesn't really protect the football, doesn't have the best vision and won't run over anything but his agility and speed are elite for that position. I think most roster edits had him around 90 speed last year which I thought was more than fair. Made it clear his speed was elite but also made sure a guy like Denard Robinson was clearly the best.
Klein is the most underrated quarterback in the country, as far as I'm concerned. He put up some insane stats last year. Maybe it's the system, but he fits it so well.

If Martinez had even halfway decent mechanics, he'd be SO much better. He's probably the worst passing starting quarterback in the BCS, but his athleticism helps them make SO many big plays.

Watching you guys come back against us last year, that was almost all due to Martinez's option prowess and Burkhead being a complete monster. And it may have also been partially caused by me prematurely texting my friend at Nebraska and talking smack....

But yeah, after named rosters come out, I'll probably go through before my dynasty and tweak some of the ratings. I'll probably make Martinez about a 90 for speed, and I'll make his acceleration VERY good as well. He can flat-out fly.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #59
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

we are working on getting the rest up.. we will have to splice some together. Working on it.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 06-06-2012, 11:05 PM   #60
Rookie

TheBadOwl's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
I wonder if strength rating even matters in this game though?
I think it matters slightly. Like on the line, d-linemen driving back blockers. Or with running backs, they'll fall forward instead of getting pummeled. But maybe I'm wrong there.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:09 PM   #61
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadOwl
I think it matters slightly. Like on the line, d-linemen driving back blockers. Or with running backs, they'll fall forward instead of getting pummeled. But maybe I'm wrong there.
Maybe so but in 12 even the weakest DT's could wreck havoc on your O line. It was annoying I know that much...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2012, 11:46 PM   #62
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Part II.. i know there are still a few missing. Working on those exceptions.

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edi...id=fBU7ICWHTYY

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 06-06-2012, 11:55 PM   #63
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
Part II.. i know there are still a few missing. Working on those exceptions.

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edi...id=fBU7ICWHTYY
I think you put the wrong link up. It doesn't take me to any video.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:59 PM   #64
Contributor

TheKnack's Arena

OVR: 6

Yup. Wrong link. That's a link from RynoAid's personal YT site.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »