Home

NCAA Football 13 Demo Roundtable

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Demo Roundtable within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2012, 12:49 AM   #49
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by vln13
Playing the game did give me a sense of content with some of the subtle improvements, but who is seriously going to continue playing once Madden ships? Madden is supposed to have the improvements to passing and play action as well as their more revolutionary steps this year.
I might only because Madden completely lost my buy by only allowing us to control 1 team and on top of that only allowing us to use Donnie's rosters and not allowing us to edit players in CC.

Madden may play great but i lost all interest in buying it after they decided to take away so much control from the user.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:08 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football 13 Demo Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
With the demo, I am having significant trouble reading the defense (with regards to the passing game). Apparently in NCAA 13 motioning a receiver to tell whether the defense is in Man or Zone does not work anymore. Several times I would motion to see if CB would move with my WR but am getting different results than the norm that we are all used to seeing (CB moves with the WR = Man, etc.). Because of this my passing game has been non-existent even though I like what EA has done with rehauling the passing game. Since this strategy is no longer valid, can anyone help me how to read defenses? I am sure that there are lots of gamers who never used motion in the first place who thrive in the passing game and any help and tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Everything you need right here, mate: http://smartfootball.com/passing/att...e-passing-game

In terms of recognizing and attacking video game coverages, you're looking for two things: pre-snap safety alignment (and their post snap rotation) and underneath defender leverage.

What I mean by leverage is: say you're in trips. If lined up in zone, the underneath, inside zone defenders will not split out and line head up over the inside WRs. They will apex and split the difference from the inside WR and the end man on the LOS.

Football history note: your problem is one of the same things that pretty much killed the original iteration of the Run and Shoot.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #51
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I played the demo for about 2 games last night, and it's really nothing to write home about. Didn't have the features list in front of me, but I really couldn't tell much difference in anything other than the playaction and passing trajectories. I also hated the way the camera changes angles when you actually throw the ball. Definitely a non-purchase for me but maybe Madden will be better. It's like the NBA 2k series; the game is good and they make subtle improvements every year, but eventually it just becomes too familiar and you want something fresh and new, possibly even (dare I say) innovative. I was somewhat bored after my first series on offense honestly, and defense has just never been fun to me in these games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0

After playing the demo, I'm not too excited. The gameplay does feel much smoother and realistic to me, but there's not much else to it. It still feels like NCAA Football 12, just a smoother running version of it. Presentation is still too similar and everything else seems bland and boring. I will not be buying this game this year, just going to buy Madden instead. Typically I buy both NCAAF and Madden but this year I don't see the value in doing so. Madden seems like it's going to be a mile ahead of NCAAF this year with all of the new updates it has gotten.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #53
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandchampbaby117
You guys are the reason ea will never put out a more than par NCAA football game! This game is the exact SAME GAME as last year...with a few tweaks here and there.....I'm not getting sucked in this year like I do every other year....definitely not buying this game...I'll wait on madden...#fml
True, I don’t get why a lot are making this out the be a huge jump from 12'... The updates are very generic and lame without highlights. I understand the feel EA is trying to add but if you're going to do this go all out & don’t half azz it. I mean they didn’t add RTP this year so at least get the things you’ve added correct like updates, commentary, presentation, equipment & graphics. Nothing really shows me they did any of this. They feel they can stick any year after NCAA and we'll buy it. Listening to Bens interviews makes me want to puke because he’s really selling this BS as if they put in a ton of work. Oh well, Madden looks like the way to go & as I said I’ll check NCAA out later in the season if that. I’m not buying it though….lol

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 06-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #54
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
To me, the NCAA 13 demo is what the retail version of NCAA 12 should have been, and NCAA 13 should be where NCAA 14 will presumably be. That's what gets about EA Tiburon (and even Visual Concepts in recent years): I don't think either developer is pushing for innovation as aggressively as they did last generation.

I agree with everyone else that the lack of competition this generation has severely held back nearly every sports franchise's potential. It's really making me less interested in sports video games with each passing year.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #55
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

The more I play the Demo, the less difference I see between 13 and 12. The intros haven't changed one iota, and the gameplay, by and large, is exactly the same. CPU AI in the demo on offense is real bad, too.

In-game studio updates, a score ticker and a change in recruiting. I have to decide if those are enough to warrant a $45 purchase, or if I just stick with 12 for another year.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #56
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
The more I play the Demo, the less difference I see between 13 and 12. The intros haven't changed one iota, and the gameplay, by and large, is exactly the same. CPU AI in the demo on offense is real bad, too.

In-game studio updates, a score ticker and a change in recruiting. I have to decide if those are enough to warrant a $45 purchase, or if I just stick with 12 for another year.
Yeah, the CPU AI is atrocious. I've played through the demo about six times, and I haven't been scored on yet, not even a field goal or safety. I will say it's the one area of the game that has regressed from last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »