Home

New CPU vs CPU Option Gameplay (Army vs Navy)

This is a discussion on New CPU vs CPU Option Gameplay (Army vs Navy) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2012, 04:54 PM   #17
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: New CPU vs CPU Option Gameplay (Army vs Navy)

That was quite embarassing. Particularly the o-line at 3:33. Where was #7 going?
Old 06-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

that ***** was running full speed and then just stopped and fell back to catch it

what the hell
Old 06-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #19
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

The QB just makes horrible decisions on pitches. He pitches it when he shouldn't nearly all the time.

For example: Look at 2:50. The QB should have never pitched it there. He should have cut up field and followed his blockers. But instead he pitches it to the RB.

At 3:15, however, he did make the correct pitch, but the RB decided not to catch it for some reason. That might have gone for some decent yards.

Oh well, I just wont schedule any option teams this year, again. Luckily for me, I play mostly in the Big 12 and nobody runs the option exclusively there anymore.

I DO like the ESPN wipe this year though.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:44 PM   #20
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

How long until they change the no huddle offense? It is terrible to see a team run up to the line already know what play is going to be called and hiking the ball all within 5 seconds. NCAA is again a Madden hold me over.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:08 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Sigh...........they need to fix the option ASAP.

Linebackers and secondary react to it instantly. As soon as the QB says hike you see all the linebackers and the safety run directly into the backfield on the side the play is designed to run to. No hesitation at all, they take off instantly.

So obviously read & react defense don't apply to the running game.

Also they need to fix the upside down logos in broadcast cam view at midfield.
You can tell it's a programming issue (what else is new!!!).

AI attacks run w/out hesitation and gets into the backfield, but on Goal-Line Defense, the AI hesitates to attack and OL is making 1st contact with LB's/Safeties in the Endzone.

You can tell that players are still programmed to enter into the "Canned" blocking animation down there.

There's little interior cut-blocking with these teams.

They don't have SEC size linemen, yet with all the hype of new catching/tackling animations and 2+ yrs of complaining/noting Option Blocking issues, no one thought it would be a good idea to add some new blocking animations to fit these Unique Offenses and the type of OL'n they use.

EA's football games on Next-Gen have yet to display any animations of DL'n "Driving" OL into the backfield.

Love on the Pass-play how the OL'n just glide backwards and stand there like the old electric football games.
No awareness or attempt to help with blocking because of the Canned Patty-cake animation players are stuck in.

I simply want someone else to attempt giving us some College Football now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #22
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I didn't even bring up the OL/DL interaction because I know they didn't work on it this year. But damn it that was terrible on that Navy passing play.

Army only rushed 2 people. Count them, 2 PEOPLE on that passing play, so why did all 5 of Navy offensive linemen drop back like that ???? Why they have their hands up moving back and forth ?? Who the hell are they blocking ? Air ? Can't tell me OL/DL interaction isn't scripted when you see them doing stuff like that when there is NOBODY IN FRONT OF THEM.

Which brings me to another thing. If Army only rushed 2 people, they had 9 people in coverage, so why again was that Navy WR SO WIDE OPEN ?
Old 06-14-2012, 06:48 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I didn't even bring up the OL/DL interaction because I know they didn't work on it this year. But damn it that was terrible on that Navy passing play.

Army only rushed 2 people. Count them, 2 PEOPLE on that passing play, so why did all 5 of Navy offensive linemen drop back like that ???? Why they have their hands up moving back and forth ?? Who the hell are they blocking ? Air ? Can't tell me OL/DL interaction isn't scripted when you see them doing stuff like that when there is NOBODY IN FRONT OF THEM.

Which brings me to another thing. If Army only rushed 2 people, they had 9 people in coverage, so why again was that Navy WR SO WIDE OPEN ?

It must be an "Old" build!!!

I believe we have our answer as to why they don't showcase CPU vs CPU Gameplay

There's no Human factor to blame when we see the video.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #24
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Ugh, this sucks. One of the reasons I pre-ordered this after the demo was because they claimed the option had gotten a boost. I knew I couldn't go back and play a game where the option didn't work if there was a game out where it did work. And the biggest problem here, is this can't be fixed with sliders. If you bolster run blocking, everything else becomes too easy. Maybe I'll just have to do sliders game by game.

Why do they claim these things are fixed, when they aren't even remotely closed to being fixed? At least be honest with us.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »