Home

New CPU vs CPU Option Gameplay (Army vs Navy)

This is a discussion on New CPU vs CPU Option Gameplay (Army vs Navy) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #25
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: New CPU vs CPU Option Gameplay (Army vs Navy)

Man how the heck do they keep constantly screwing up that Broadcast Angle

The Camera belongs on the other side of the field....How do you not notice the gigantic Upside Down Logos

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #26
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Everything about that video was pretty bad and showed off how far this series is away from representing what actually takes place on Saturdays

• Poor CPU AI - The inability of the CPU to run the option offense. Not only does the CPU make the wrong the decision but the defense swarms to the ball punishing the indecisiveness.
  • Momentum/Footplanting ignored - How that WR caught the ball while stopping on a dime is beyond me. Even the animation just looked awkward.
  • Poor OL/DL interaction - Skillz said it but it's worty repeating. What the hell were the other OL doing? A few years ago they hyped up "creating a pocket" but how about OL engaging double-team blocks? Dynamic OL play???

I'm very worried about how fast the interior d-lineman react and close down. Could be another year of 3-4 DTs leading their team in tackles.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:47 PM   #27
Rookie

pdandi1's Arena

OVR: 0

The Spread Option definitely got worked on...but they made us believe the whole option system was fixed...

this is really really bad...I personally don't use the option, but when I play against them, it makes it way too easy to stop them.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:02 PM   #28
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Hmmm. That was flat out awful. Another year of no competition from the CPU option, wishbone and flexbone attacks.

I thought EA was proud to say this part of the game was "worked on" and improved?
Old 06-14-2012, 10:50 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 20

As I suspected, the default rosters are once again too powerful.

Guys have too high of AWR, PUR, ACC, AGI, and Play Recognition.

One of these years the EA Developers will understand that not every DL guy is Warren Sapp. Very very VERY few should have ACC, AGI anywhere near the ACC/SPD of a RB.

After I got rid of 12, I went in with the idea of not buying 13 unless things like (were fixed):

the option
player ratings
CPU ability

It's very clear that this is not the case, and it shall save me $60.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:51 PM   #30
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5

I saw some things I liked. Running backs cutting down D linebackers as well as wingbacks blocking somewhat effectively. Army's qb made terrible decisions but, at least EA knows that Navy runs a "NASCAR" offense.

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Old 06-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #31
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Yup looked horrible as far as the option goes...

Like someone said it has alot to do with how fast the defense reacts to it because they know your play.

Get on 12 or 13 demo and run just a speed option to one side then do it again. Play after that run a pass option to that same side and watch how different the defense reacts.

On just straight speed/power options every defender just leaves their Wr because they know your play and know you cant pass it. If it is a pass option they won't leave there Wr but still react to the play fast. All because again they know your play and I guess that how EA programs them to defend it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 11:52 PM   #32
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

The option play is a staple of college football. After 18 years, why can't they get this right??

I would rather EA just admit they can't program the CPU to run the option, and just have these teams use other offenses. Not a great solution, but better than being able to sit back and watch my CPU teammates devour even the best option attacks. Ugh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »