Home

why is Online Dynasty stuck at 12 users MAX?

This is a discussion on why is Online Dynasty stuck at 12 users MAX? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #9
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: why is Online Dynasty stuck at 12 users MAX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
Not only that but can you imagine the chances of more issues happening when you have to spend the time to advance a 123 team dynasty?
Let's abandon this "123 team dynasty" line, I think we can all agree that is unrealistic, at least in the near future.

Like I said 24-30 is probably ideal. And it can be done... Madden supports 32, and there are plenty of leagues that completely fill up.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 06-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #10
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksumite
This is the worst excuse I hear people use over and over. You do realize that ALL "video games", especially those that are relying on the internet in any way, will have "glitches/bugs"???

Name one game that has no bugs.

This is NO excuse for limiting us to 12 users max for Online Dynasty. Only 12 is simply too few.

No worries though. My crew and I played NCAA Online Dynasty for years and enjoyed it.

Looks like we will migrate to Madden (and NBA 2K Online Assoc) until NCAA tightens up.
You clearly didn't play last year if you're calling that the "worst excuse" anyone can use. It got to the point where more people were having to completely delete their online dynasties and start over than those who actually got to advance.

So no, it's a GREAT "excuse".

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 06-27-2012, 08:44 PM   #11
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I've consistently had long running 12 team OD's since the feature was added, even last year when transfer fail ate a couple of them. I think it is a pretty good number. There were a few times where I had a great one going and wished I could add a couple more, but it is so rare to get 12 guys to consistently play year after year of an OD, never the less 16-20-24-30.

I do think it would make sense to allow as many users as teams in a custom conference, which would be 16. Online Dynasty is THE reason I play this game now, especially with mostly user games. I think 16 would be a nice number for them to move up to. I don't know if anything more than that makes sense unless it was an EA run, full FBS dynasty. That'd be a cool feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

why is Online Dynasty stuck at 12 users MAX?

Way back when dynasty mode was first created (NCAA '98 for the PS1), the original limit of controllable teams per dynasty was 12.

For whatever reason, even though we are 15 years and two console generations later, EA has never bothered to change the limit from where it was originally.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »