Home

3 modes that would have been better than "Heisman Mode"

This is a discussion on 3 modes that would have been better than "Heisman Mode" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #17
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: 3 modes that would have been better than "Heisman Mode"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown_corner3
1. "Classic Moments" just like the old "madden moments" replaying great plays/drives in the history of college football would have gotten WAY more use.

2.Rivalry Mode. I actually used to play this back when EA had it in. Certainly would've been better than Heisman Challenge.

3.My personal favorite. Instead of a glorified "road to glory" that is Heisman Challenge. How about "Classic Teams" go back and replay some of the greatest season of college football, such as the '01 'Canes, this would be AWESOME. Re-create the old uniforms, fields,rosters,schedules, things lile that would be a great feature. Even if it was only a few teams to choose from.

What do you guys think?
I disagree. I think those would be received even more poorly than Heisman mode. Why? Because they had those in previous games. 85% of the people here would just say, "Classic EA, just bringing back stuff from previous games and slapping *NEW* on them".

At least with the Heisman mode it was fairly original.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #18
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I can just imagine playing the 1995 Nebraska season, running the option with Tommy Fraizer, playing teams who have jerseys that are above their belly, and trying to match their stats and win the National Title.

But I guess that would have been too much work.
Yes, finding every single player on that roster and signing them to a deal to use their likeness would have taken forever. People would have complained on tops of mountains if they just had Frazier and 3 other guys from that team, then the rest of the roster was filled with 'RG #67'. They'd want that RG who was "a beast" included as well. That kind of stuff costs lots of money.

Don't even bring up Madden. That's an entirely different beast when it comes to former players.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #19
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Yes, finding every single player on that roster and signing them to a deal to use their likeness would have taken forever. People would have complained on tops of mountains if they just had Frazier and 3 other guys from that team, then the rest of the roster was filled with 'RG #67'. They'd want that RG who was "a beast" included as well. That kind of stuff costs lots of money.

Don't even bring up Madden. That's an entirely different beast when it comes to former players.
Sign Tommy, make the rest of the '95 Nebraska roster customizable. Roster makers would do their thing. Problem solved. They don't need to worry about paying off each member of the 95 team. Just make it so that we can add names, skills, height, weight. EA just needs to create throwback unis, fields, etc. Maybe shell out a few extra bucks to get Keith Jackson to do the announcing in the mode.

Last edited by Ziza9Noles94; 06-26-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:25 PM   #20
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929

As someone else said, roster makers could name the rest of the team. Sign on the impact players or Heisman winners.

Say there are 10 teams historical seasons that are playable right away. Teams ranging from 2001 Miami to 1980 Georgia. Then have DLC teams like 1996 Florida and 1987 Miami and 1972 USC.

In case you forgot, NCAA has had historical teams before. So no, they wouldn't need to 'sign every player'.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 06-26-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #21
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown_corner3
1. "Classic Moments" just like the old "madden moments" replaying great plays/drives in the history of college football would have gotten WAY more use.

2.Rivalry Mode. I actually used to play this back when EA had it in. Certainly would've been better than Heisman Challenge.

3.My personal favorite. Instead of a glorified "road to glory" that is Heisman Challenge. How about "Classic Teams" go back and replay some of the greatest season of college football, such as the '01 'Canes, this would be AWESOME. Re-create the old uniforms, fields,rosters,schedules, things lile that would be a great feature. Even if it was only a few teams to choose from.

What do you guys think?
I think these ideas were all fantastic when I posted about them at length nearly verbatim a week ago. Would be kind of nice to merge the two threads so we can keep up the dialogue and brainstorming on how various modes could be improved.

And to the posts talking about licensing issues for past players, remember that a historic classic moments mode has existed in previous NCAA versions. As long as the players are simply numbered like the current rosters, there is no "likeness" or royalty claim. As another poster mentioned, all they would really have to do is get the consent of the "legend" they are featuring (Vince Young, Tommie Frazier, etc) and then go numbers only for the rest of the historic team.

Just make the roster editable as our current rosters are and you've got no problem with licensing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #22
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

I say bring back "classic moments" and have them unlock more uniforms so we don't have to pre-order from a certain retailer to get them. That would be fun... and fair.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:48 AM   #23
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbrownsrevenge
I say bring back "classic moments" and have them unlock more uniforms so we don't have to pre-order from a certain retailer to get them. That would be fun... and fair.
If EA would make sure it had all current uniforms and gear in the game, I wouldn't have any problem paying for DLC or gaining points to unlock historical/throwback uniforms and gear.

But when we have to pick and choose which retailer we want the game from based on the bonus content we get and never knowing if/when the rest of the bonus content will get released, it just feels like we're getting shafted. I know that is how DLC has started to work across the gaming industry, but it just doesn't sit well.

I am more amazed that the retailers put up with that. Amazon arguably got the best DLC option and is at the best price, you have to imagine that took A LOT of business away from other retailers.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:50 AM   #24
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
I won't lie I wouldn't like any of those modes over heisman mode but I also don't like heisman mode either. I wish they would have put more effort into an already existing feature.

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »