Home

NCAA Playoff

This is a discussion on NCAA Playoff within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2012, 02:49 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Playoff

It would definitely be too tall an order to patch it in to this year's game. I'd love for them to put the option in next year but even though it wouldn't be a super difficult thing to do (program the game to schedule 1/4 and 2/3, then the winners to play, and put in some new commentary about it and presentation etc) I really doubt it'll happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2012, 03:46 AM   #26
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimmortal
This is how the playoffs should work in college football..imho...

all the conference champs from the major conferences should get an automatic bid... and maybe have one wild card that the selection committee chooses...i.e. the best team NOT to win a conference.. so teams like last year's Alabama squad still have a chance to get in..

I'm not sure why the WAC would get a playoff spot. They only have like 2 teams lol.

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 06-27-2012, 03:52 AM   #27
Rookie

WARRIORSx808's Arena

The new playoff really gives us teams in the MWC slim access to that 4 team playoff
Old 06-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimmortal
This is how the playoffs should work in college football..imho...

all the conference champs from the major conferences should get an automatic bid... and maybe have one wild card that the selection committee chooses...i.e. the best team NOT to win a conference.. so teams like last year's Alabama squad still have a chance to get in..

Big East nor the Wac should get automatic bids.

At most, the tournament should have six teams. Have the top two seeds get byes. Automatics include B1G, SEC, Pac 12, and ACC winners, plus the 1 and 2 teams if they are not any of the above. Then have a committee vote on the other teams needed so schools like Boise State can't complain.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 4

quite honestly the capacity to patch this in could've been engineered by EA, and most likely than not they won't be adding this into NCAA 14, it will be part of an NCAA 15 marketing push

this also means that NCAA 14 is pretty much a lame duck, it is unlikely to have any advances from this year, will be outdated 1 year into dynasty and it will be an easy skip
Old 06-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #30
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

It probably is not too difficult to put in, as IIRC, some games on the Sega Genesis have the option. Also, 4 is the perfect number for a playoff. Look through the past ten years or so, always makes more sense than 2,6,8, or 16. I am happy with it.

Ideally, There would be an option next year for year one to be no playoff, then a four team each year after. I am not holding out hope for a patch this year.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #31
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

I wish they would just "take '14 off". They are gonna add the RTP stuff from Madden this year and then just bug fix and update graphics/jerseys/stadiums. Just let that be all they do and then get to work rebuilding the dynasty/CC and getting the playoff system in place RIGHT the first time.

If they work on it and do what I suggested, they can get NCAA 14 done probably by January and then they would have 14-16 months to REALLY blow our doors off with NCAA 15.

BUT, the deciding factor in all this is when will the Xbox 720 and PS4 be released...could be NCAA 15 will be the first title on the NEXT next gen. Meaning after how many years, the will just start all over REadding new(old) stuff to the game.

Oh well...there is always next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2012, 10:58 PM   #32
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by malky
Again you can have it as an OPTION, doesn't have to be in dynasty mode.... and it doesn't have to be exactly right, heck most people have been starving for a playoff mode in the NCAA football video game for a long long time, you think we would have cared if it was exactly right the first year out? Heck no! We would just be happy we have a playoff system FINALLY in the video game---- I'm sorry, but if Bill Walsh Football can put it in some 20 years ago, EA could have at least had the OPTION to play a playoff mode ready to go this year, knowing this was coming.... more excuses for EA, smdh
There was no way... NO WAY... EA could have foreseen when this playoff situation was going to be resolved. Why would they spend hours upon hours of manpower making a mode that THEY WEREN'T ALLOWED TO USE and might not even have been able to use if this vote didn't happen until December. The playoff theoretically didn't even exist until this week! Why would EA make something that may have not even been approved until December and that they couldn't even put in the game? Heck, the NCAA may not even allow them to include it next year because they love the Bowls so dang much.

Oh, and you're quite off on the playoff that we'd "just be happy" to have it included. With the way the community is around here getting mad about not having the correct socks and helmets, you can bet your life that 50% of the people would be very, very mad if it wasn't 100% correct. "Just EA being lazy again," they'd say. Oh, and if it wasn't in Dynasty, the hardcore Dynasty people wouldn't be happy. It's better for them to just wait it out instead of getting the backlash that would inevitably come from pushing something out half-way.

Last edited by BA2929; 06-27-2012 at 11:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »