Home

Why EA Needs to Patch the New Playoff into NCAA Football 13

This is a discussion on Why EA Needs to Patch the New Playoff into NCAA Football 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Why EA Needs to Patch the New Playoff into NCAA Football 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard_Nation
The details are auctually set except for the 5th and 6th Bowls.
The Selection commitee (could be replicated by polls for NCAA) ranks the teams 1-12. Top 4 go to playoff with 1v4 and 2v3 at rotating sites of the 6 Bowl games (4 current BCS, 5th is likely Jerry Jones world, and 6th is up for bidding). Winners meet eachother at highest bidding city/arena. Then the other 4 bowl games take 5-12. Could be implemented as soon as we find out who bowls #5 and #6 go to. I'd say doable but then again....it is EA
Exactly it's not rocket science to put a playoff in the game; in fact it should be a MUST for next year's game... you can get all the specifics of the playoff details in 2015 or whatever.... most have wanted THE OPTION of a playoff for a long time and the whole thing about NCAA forcing them not to put it in that game has only been justified as a rumor and even if it was true.... that ship sailed last week FOREVER.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
This. I did not remember Bill walsh having it, but I certainly do not doubt you.... In 1995 I was 6. lol
The original Bill Walsh College Football didn't even have a regular season mode. It was just exhibition games or you could set up a tournament.

It wasn't until Bill Walsh '95 that they introduced season mode and the option to choose bowls or playoffs at the end of the season.

They basically kept that option available in the NCAA series' season mode from Bill Walsh '95 until NCAA 2001.

Then they left playoffs out of season mode once the PS2 era began (NCAA Football 2002), and it's never returned to the series since.

Last edited by jyoung; 07-02-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #75
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
'But patching the playoff system into the game isn’t just about accuracy'

How is it accurate if it's not being used in the real life NCAA until 2014? If they're going to do this, they might as well put in all the new FBS schools 2-3 years before they actually play a down.

Last edited by BA2929; 07-02-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Why EA Needs to Patch the New Playoff in to NCAA Football 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
You could choose between playoffs or bowls to end your season in the Genesis games, too.

So the feature was actually around for two consecutive gaming generations.

For whatever reason, they took away the feature when NCAA Football made the jump from PS1 to PS2.
Thank you.....

I'm not sure why these guys are defending EA for not having it already.....

This could have been a feature EA used on their own just like they did back in the days you mentioned.

What does giving the USER the option to choose between Bowl games and playoffs in their Dynasty Mode have to do with real life NCAA Football rules not being in place yet?

Like i said before earlier in the thread I don't expect EA to include it this year only because they will use it as a MARKETING HYPE for NCAA 14 or 15.

That's just the way they operate now days...

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #77
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
It was once included on the old PS2 system even without a college football playoff system in place.
I owned every PS2 NCAA Football game (2002 with Chris Weinke on the cover was the first, I had a PS2 at launch, there was no EA college football game for the 2001 iteration on the console) and I don't remember a single one of them having a playoff.

There's no reason for EA to put a playoff in this year's game, it won't exist in real life for two years, and the logistics as to how bowls will cooperate with the playoff have yet to be determined.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Why EA Needs to Patch the New Playoff in to NCAA Football 13

Quote:
Thank you.....

I'm not sure why these guys are defending EA for not having it already.....

This could have been a feature EA used on their own just like they did back in the days you mentioned.

What does giving the USER the option to choose between Bowl games and playoffs in their Dynasty Mode have to do with real life NCAA Football rules not being in place yet?

Like i said before earlier in the thread I don't expect EA to include it this year only because they will use it as a MARKETING HYPE for NCAA 14 or 15.

That's just the way they operate now days...
Yep not rocket science doesnt have to be accurate this time around just include a playoff option using the polls end of story and put them in random stadiums but I guess that requires too much thinking
Old 07-02-2012, 10:59 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I owned every PS2 NCAA Football game (2002 with Chris Weinke on the cover was the first, I had a PS2 at launch, there was no EA college football game for the 2001 iteration on the console) and I don't remember a single one of them having a playoff.

There's no reason for EA to put a playoff in this year's game, it won't exist in real life for two years, and the logistics as to how bowls will cooperate with the playoff have yet to be determined.
and again what does REAL LIFE have to do with a video game and giving you the OPTION to choose between Bowls games or Playoffs in your Dynasty mode?

I'm confused as to why some of you keep saying this as a reason why it's not in the game already.

Hell i've always felt it should've been part of the game in play now mode for years already.

The fact remains there was no playoff system intact when it used to be inlcuded in the game so what makes it any different right now?

And for the record i don't think they will include it even if they could because it'll be apart of their great HYPE MARKETING PLOY FOR 14/15 version of the game.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-02-2012 at 11:02 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:29 PM   #80
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
And for the record i don't think they will include it even if they could because it'll be apart of their great HYPE MARKETING PLOY FOR 14/15 version of the game.
And why shouldn't they market that? That's what they SHOULD do if they're not bad business people. it's not smart business to rush out a patched HUGE feature in '13 that could possibly bring in tons more cash for your business in '14 if it's marketed correctly.

Also, why push out a half-done patched "Play Now" playoff system when they can work on it for a year and put it on the back of the box AND include it in Dynasty? To be perfectly honest, I don't see why some of you guys even want a playoff in the game if it wouldn't even be usable in Dynasty. Just draw a bracket on paper, put teams in it, and play it that way. It's nearly exactly the same. I used to do that in Tecmo Bowl back on the NES.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »