Home

Why EA Needs to Patch the New Playoff into NCAA Football 13

This is a discussion on Why EA Needs to Patch the New Playoff into NCAA Football 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #49
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Why EA Needs to Patch the New Playoff into NCAA Football 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
But do you buy the game every year?

EA doesn't have to patch in playoffs and I really don't think they should. You think there is going to be a huge sales increase if they announced a playoff patch was coming?
Why should I? I skip a season and rent the next and save myself some cash. They pretty much manage to add a few things here and there and call it innovation. I just expect more from a company instead of the "Legends" they added this year.

My point in them adding something like this would be a nice little preview of what could be, and making up for losing the entire import class feature with Madden. Give the consumer a little something back for all you take. Then again you may be right, sales lost are already showing. NCAA has and always will just be a place holder for some until Madden comes out. Take away the main piece marrying the two games together and lose alot of sales.

Last edited by Stampede_94; 07-02-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1
I think it can wait at a minimum another year. I would like to see the actual system in place and represented correctly rather than a random 4 team setup or even a fake NFL playoff option. Its not in the game yet so I dont want it in my game yet.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #51
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

I think it would greatly add to the immersion in dynasty to have BCS bowls for the first two years and then a switch to a 4 team playoff in your 2015 season. However, I doubt that something like that could be done with a patch. I doubt that it could easily be implemented without breaking the game. The Scheduling, bowl setups, code for handling the team selection, all would have to be restructured. It's not as simple as slapping on a couple of extra games. It is a matter of writing code to completely switch out the old structure for the new two in-game seasons after a dynasty is started.

I have to agree with everyone who is saying that this article was unnecessary. It's a decent wish, but it isn't something that needs to be patched in. Like I said, I even doubt that it can be simply patched in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #52
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuttdown
I think it can wait at a minimum another year. I would like to see the actual system in place and represented correctly rather than a random 4 team setup or even a fake NFL playoff option. Its not in the game yet so I dont want it in my game yet.
Might have been a cool option just to see how a playoff system could have worked in the early stages.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede_94
Might have been a cool option just to see how a playoff system could have worked in the early stages.
Exactly it's about creativity and boldness not really a strong point of said company
Old 07-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #54
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I remember the days on PS1 when you could pick your post season, Bowls or Playoffs. I always chose playoffs. I don't know why that was taken away, but it's not like they haven't had a playoff in before.
This is EXACTLY what I was thinking. A lot of the new gamers won't remember it but they had a choice of I believe 16, 8, or 4 playoff teams instead of bowl games. I don't see why they can't do that now. Just take the top 4 teams in the rankings into a playoff. This would be incredible if there were issues with many teams going undefeated in later years like NCAA 11. It would be annoying but knowing if you went undefeated and would make the playoffs instead of settling for 3rd or worse and not having a chance sounds fine to me.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #55
Rookie

kalimmortal's Arena

OVR: 1

it would be cool if EA had their own version of a playoff system and put it in the game...

take the top 8 teams or the conference champions and have them play a 3 week playoff...that culminates in a national championship game around January 8th or so...

it doesn't really matter to me if it's not exactly like the real life playoff system will be...since it's not bein' implemented for another 2 years...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Why EA Needs to Patch the New Playoff in to NCAA Football 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I remember the days on PS1 when you could pick your post season, Bowls or Playoffs. I always chose playoffs. I don't know why that was taken away, but it's not like they haven't had a playoff in before.
You could choose between playoffs or bowls to end your season in the Genesis games, too.

So the feature was actually around for two consecutive gaming generations.

For whatever reason, they took away the feature when NCAA Football made the jump from PS1 to PS2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »