Home

Somebody... SAVE THIS GAME FOR ME!!

This is a discussion on Somebody... SAVE THIS GAME FOR ME!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #1
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20
Somebody... SAVE THIS GAME FOR ME!!

I've just about had it! Every slider set I try fixes 1 thing then hurts another. I'm at my wits end. I'm about to trade this in and just play MLB The Show all winter (not an NBA fan).

If you felt like me at one time then found something to make the game more fun, please share. I enjoy the recruiting but the gameplay is just destroying this for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2012, 12:02 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Somebody... SAVE THIS GAME FOR ME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
I've just about had it! Every slider set I try fixes 1 thing then hurts another. I'm at my wits end. I'm about to trade this in and just play MLB The Show all winter (not an NBA fan).

If you felt like me at one time then found something to make the game more fun, please share. I enjoy the recruiting but the gameplay is just destroying this for me.
Call EA and get them to fix the DB glitch and I'll show the best set of Heisman sliders the world has ever seen. Until that time, the game is broken.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:50 AM   #3
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Call EA and get them to fix the DB glitch and I'll show the best set of Heisman sliders the world has ever seen. Until that time, the game is broken.
Have you tried deleting the patch and/or tuners? Seems some people think the game plays better that way. I know this eliminates online play but I'm fine with that. Figure if anyone has tried this, you have.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:30 AM   #4
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

I've gone back to editing rosters and playing on coach mode. Having a blast with that as I've never given coach mode a fair shot. It feels great making edits and seeing players perform more the way the do in real life. You should see how my Christine Michael is running the ball after I edited him. Also Pocket Scout showed me how to recruit and advance weeks from a PC using a one man online dynasty. I'm having loads of fun with that as well.

To be honest I don't have any fun playing HUM-CPU anymore. Too much frustration with the DB glitch and all, but you can get some nice games using coach mode. I'm not sure if you'd be interested in that but it's helped me out a lot.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:37 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames

You try fistofrage's varsity sliders? The best on here imho.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2012, 02:45 AM   #6
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
I've gone back to editing rosters and playing on coach mode. Having a blast with that as I've never given coach mode a fair shot. It feels great making edits and seeing players perform more the way the do in real life. You should see how my Christine Michael is running the ball after I edited him. Also Pocket Scout showed me how to recruit and advance weeks from a PC using a one man online dynasty. I'm having loads of fun with that as well.

To be honest I don't have any fun playing HUM-CPU anymore. Too much frustration with the DB glitch and all, but you can get some nice games using coach mode. I'm not sure if you'd be interested in that but it's helped me out a lot.
Does the game advance faster if you do it online? I've tried some coach mode but can't find sliders. I don't really want to have to re-rate everyone.. otherwise I would DEFINITELY do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
You try fistofrage's varsity sliders? The best on here imho.
Fist's sliders are the best that I have tried. I give him a lot for fixing the DB glitch, but with that comes other issues (high INT rate for example). I guess I just expect more from this game.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:07 AM   #7
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

FistofRage saved this game for a lot of ppl here, me included. I love his varsity sliders, but the only issue is the CPU Off AI. I can't get them to score at all.

The high INT rate can easily be solved. You need to make pre-snap reads according to the coverage and you also need to know how many steps your QB is dropping and make reads accordingly. If your spending 3-4 seconds looking for open receivers on a 3 step drop play you're as good as sacked. 2 quick reads max on long passing plays...maybe three, after that run or throw it away.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:55 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
FistofRage saved this game for a lot of ppl here, me included. I love his varsity sliders, but the only issue is the CPU Off AI. I can't get them to score at all.

The high INT rate can easily be solved. You need to make pre-snap reads according to the coverage and you also need to know how many steps your QB is dropping and make reads accordingly. If your spending 3-4 seconds looking for open receivers on a 3 step drop play you're as good as sacked. 2 quick reads max on long passing plays...maybe three, after that run or throw it away.
Just read your coach mode post. I enjoyed coach mode as well, but quit playing cause the Hum qb acc is too high and I couldn't fix it. And the deep ball issue was the second main issue. Is editing players the only fix? Did you edit the CPU roster too? That would take too much time IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »