Home

Super Sim=Perfect D?

This is a discussion on Super Sim=Perfect D? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #9
Rookie

smlmeyer's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Super Sim=Perfect D?

Sounds like we have a lot of extremes. Not a good thing, regardless. However, I personally would prefer my team giving more points than none. I, like it seems a lot of you are as well, very much offensive minded.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:05 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm in year 2 of my unmass dynasty and I've won the last 3 by one point. All super sim. Did I'm using hurtstoppers sliders idk if they messes with it or not
Old 07-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcsay
no, last night i was playing kentucky as south carolina and they literally scored on every possession except their last. the score ended up being 45-21 them. it was frustrating.
Kentucky is a juggernaut on offense. Putting 45 on SEC defenses for the Cats is pretty regular.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2012, 12:35 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

oh, while we're on the topic of supersim, I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that the clock still doesn't function the way it should. Like only a few seconds tick off between each play, when the clock should keep running. Am I correct?
Old 07-11-2012, 12:40 AM   #13
Rookie

joeblackis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost33
Is anyone else seeing that when you use Super Sim while on D the cpu rarely scores? I'm more of an offensive minded player and enjoy it far more than D so I normally sim through the D portions. In the 10 or so games I've played so far I've used Super Sim a few times and it seems like the CPU goes 3 and out far more than not.

Is this a real issue or just luck of the draw on my part?
Super sim has always been flawed in that aspect.
But is also has to do with your team ratings vs cpu team rating.
It is ridiculous the situations that you can get into when you use super sim for a few plays during a game.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #14
Rookie

Frost33's Arena

OVR: 3

Ghetto, I don't think the clock is totally broken. I did finally see a few teams score on me, which actually made me happy. As for the clock, it doesn't seem like very much comes off the clock, but it does work. In a game last night I punted the ball away with 3 min left, down by a few, when I got the ball back I had 0 time outs left and there was just over 1 min on the clock (It was a 4 play drive btw).

At the same time, I've seen drives in the middle of the game go 10+ plays and take over like 2 min. Very odd.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:09 PM   #15
Rookie

Razer1066's Arena

I've done a few games of PURE Super Sim to test a theory.

Dynasty 6th year in.

UCLA (3-0) vs Baylor (0-3).

I am UCLA and I did the Super Sim, now based on what these teams are ranked and records this should be either close or UCLA wins by a comfortable margin.

Score: Baylor wins 119 to 21

I reloaded my dynasty and played the SAME game, now starting the game as Baylor.

UCLA wins 136 to 31

I'm not a computer programmer by any means but these are the stats of the 2nd game.

UCLA
QB1 - 5/5 364 yds 5 tds 0 int
QB2 - 4/6 296 yds 4 tds 0 int

RB1 - 9 car 338 yds 5 tds
RB2 - 6 car 308 yds 4 tds

I dare say that something is broken here.

Baylor
QB 40/70 529 yds 4td 2 int
RB 13car 43yds
RB 12car 43yds

Did I miss something? Is this a method to prevent me from playing a REALISTIC version of a dynasty where if you are an OC or DC you have to SIM half the game? Did EA Sports really release this? If EA Sports had any integrity they would fix the game completely and reship it for free. This is complete incompetence and their programmers need to be fired. No slap on the wrist, no more chances.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2012, 12:05 AM   #16
Rookie

Razer1066's Arena

after doing some research, the SIM problem seems to be something to do with my custom playbook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »