Home

What's the point of Studio Updates?

This is a discussion on What's the point of Studio Updates? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2012, 11:31 PM   #1
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
What's the point of Studio Updates?

Ok let me start by saying i love the idea of in studio updates even if they might get old quick. So i quickly set up a dynasty to test out some more of the features. I was a little disturbed that you couldn't select which games you want to play during the week because my thinking was that if they're are in studio updates for the game then i won't be able to go back and play a game as one of those teams later.

Well i was wrong. I played a game, got studio updates on the other games. When my game was over and i went back into the weekly schedule no other games had scores or were played.

So what is the point of having in studio updates if those scores don't show up after the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2012, 11:33 PM   #2
Rookie

SonOfWisconsin's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What's the point of Studio Updates?

Maybe they just don't show up until the next week? I'm just guessing, haven't played Dynasty yet.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:38 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 17

Do the same scores happen if you sim the games? It'd be disappointing to get an update that the #1 team had been beaten only to sim the week and have them not actually lose
Old 07-10-2012, 11:39 PM   #4
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfWisconsin
Maybe they just don't show up until the next week? I'm just guessing, haven't played Dynasty yet.
i'm assuming that may be the case but again, i can just go and play any of those games now and basically change the outcome that they gave in the in studio updates. I was expecting us to pre-select games and then those that we did not select would play out during one of my games and that score would be completed.

Just is odd to give us updates yet allow us to still go back and replay those games.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:39 PM   #5
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDAWG89
Do the same scores happen if you sim the games? It'd be disappointing to get an update that the #1 team had been beaten only to sim the week and have them not actually lose
i'll check now, i didn't finish simming the week. I gotta see if i can remember some of the scores.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2012, 11:44 PM   #6
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

i don't exactly remember the scores but from what i can tell it looks like they matched what was in the updates but even so, like i said before if lets Michigan loses a game in the update, i can still go back after my game is over and replay that Michigan game and essentially change the outcome.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #7
Rookie

TigerRag's Arena

OVR: 4

I believe that someone on here said that the scores for your current week are simulated when you advance to it. So not matter how many times you simulated it that week those scores will always be the same. The only way to get different scores is to go back to before you advanced to your current week.

So in other words, those are the true scores and you will see that once you simulate your current week and those games.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #8
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Maybe it's just eye candy?

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »