Home

Nano Blitz and Other Cheese Strategies

This is a discussion on Nano Blitz and Other Cheese Strategies within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2012, 03:03 AM   #33
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Nano Blitz and Other Cheese Strategies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Your first mistake is running the regular Dime defense, that defense sucks, I never use it. If someone is running 4 wide do a zone blitz or blitz from quaters formation or something similar.
That's weird, I run Dime Normal vs 4 WR exclusively and it is a lights out formation for me. It brings a smile to my face when people go 4 wide vs me because I know I can get my Dime package out. Still stiff enough against most runs to discourage people from doing it, especially if I manually help in run support with my MLB and I can get 1 or 2 guys on every WR.

Cover 2 Man in Dime Normal works wonders. The only thing I have trouble with is guys that throw to the HB out of the backfield, because generally I user cover with the MLB assigned to him and just play a manual spy in the middle of the field.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:14 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 6

It is amazing how Madden has eliminated most of the BS I have seen in NCAA. Because of the "rubber banding" of linemen...they can't be shifted and left in a spot to setup cheese in Madden. The nano blitzing is usually One player in Madden....and that can be countered EASILY in Madden.

NCAA, I just ran into a guy doing the Shake blitzing and it was very effective. He also (using Nebraska) with run this WR option...from Flexbone...i think.....and he would stop in the backfield.......basically Hide behind his lineman..until my LBs committed to one side and he would run the opposite for a big gain. I started spying 2-3 players....and we would sit there for a good minute while he tried to draw my Spying players in that were not engaged in coverage or with a linemen. The AI needs to be able to stop coverage with Safeties/CB and bring them in automatic when down field to stop that. WOW.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:23 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 0

hellohello
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 04:30 AM   #36
Rookie

Mtolliver_2013's Arena

When i am playing someone that nano's, i just run shotgun the whole game and try to keep the RB in the block. Slants help and screens help. I sometimes try to go deep, but i usually don't have time for my WR's to get separation in time to throw.

A money play on offense that i use whenever i need a conversion is out of Shotgun and empty backfield. I don't exactly know what the name of the formation is but it is 4 verts with the slot WR running like a zig zag slant across the field. I run that often and i have played 1 person that was able to stop it. It is almost impossible to stop even when someone is manually covering it.

I also put in Maryland I in my custom playbook. It is amazing! I also love using Flexbone in short shortage situations, even more so down by the goal line. Power option out of that formation is deadly.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:50 AM   #37
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

Icon12 Re: Nano Blitz and Other Cheese Strategies

So when a team "nano" blitzes in real life is it cheesing? cause bama and LSU did it a ton last year. Or how about oregon's offense? Is that cheesing too? No none of it is. Cheesing is only when someone exploits a glitch in a game any other strategy is fair game IMO and I'm a sim player and I don't play online cause of the quitters I eat "cheesers" for breakfast.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:04 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

i didnt see lsu and bama sacking the qb on running plays which the shake can do. Best ways to beat it is quick man killers or real quick handoffs like speed sweep
Old 07-12-2012, 07:31 AM   #39
MVP

RebelHog's Arena

OVR: 8
You people that whine about cheese cracks me up. It is a game. Plain and simple.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #40
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnfootball77
i didnt see lsu and bama sacking the qb on running plays which the shake can do. Best ways to beat it is quick man killers or real quick handoffs like speed sweep
that's a game issue not running that specific blitz. Exploiting a glitch is cheese I agree with that. Other than that its all fair game IMO, there's always a strategy to win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »