Home

Wow pass interference!

This is a discussion on Wow pass interference! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Wow pass interference!

I had one called earlier today as well. LB bumped my WR in the middle of the field as I was throwing to him...couldn't believe it!
That game was me (FIU) at home against #12 TXAM...crowd sounded like I just beat a high school team...oh well I guess 1 out of 2 ain't bad with EA lol
Old 07-11-2012, 09:02 PM   #10
Baseball King

bobtrain's Arena

OVR: 10

Yea, Pass Interference is a bit of a sore spot. Play on Heisman and the CPU cheats by running through your receiver. Wish it would actually be called. And, why would they have a intentional grounding slider? Is there actually code for this If so, has anyone EVER seen it called?

MLB: Milwaukee Brewers
NFL: Green Bay Packers
CFB: Minnesota Gophers
Old 07-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #11
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

nice to see that people are getting some PI calls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #12
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

The problem with the lack of pass interference is all the morphing of players going through other players. Most of the time between the WR and DB, if you look up close in the instant replay you will see the defender arm or some times just the hand going through the WR's torso. Other times you will see their legs go through each other as well.

Just like on FG kicks, the kicker's foot go through the ball and the ball just takes off in the air after the kicking motion already played out.

And finally there isn't any jostling that takes place between the WR/DB at all. After the initial jam at the line of scrimmage, which misses the WR completely half of the time, it is just an unchecked foot race between 2 players. Which means if that WR has very high speed, he is gone and the DB will be left behind trailing him.

In Madden 10 it wasn't like that. In Madden 10 if the defender had a very high man coverage rating, he would move over and run in front of the WR leaning his body into him to slow the WR down. It wasn't just a foot race.

It would be nice if they had some defensive holding in the game, some jersey grabs, some hooking of the WR to turn him around or simply just some push offs and body bumps.

But before that happen, they need to get rid of all the morphing of players going through players and the football definitely needs to stop going through players as well. It doesn't happen too often, but a few times I seen the ball pass completely through the WR's torso and the DB who was standing behind him caught it.

And far as intentional grounding, I never seen the CPU QB called for it at all ever.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #13
Rookie

thisisasticup's Arena

OVR: 3

My wide receiver was tackled on a streak with the ball in the air, and nothing was called, so consider yourself lucky.
I have however gotten my wide receiver called for illegal touching about 3 times.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:57 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0

on NCAA09 for PS2 you get a pass interference call at least once a game

it continues to amaze me how so many things EA used to have right are now completely messed up

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »