Home

User Catching

This is a discussion on User Catching within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2012, 12:17 PM   #73
Rookie

ClemTiger's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: User Catching

User catching is garbage this year. It pisses me off so much to get zero response when I repeatedly hit the catch or swat button. I've missed countless TD's because I can't control my damn WR and go up and compete for the ball with the DB. It needs to be fixed ASAP.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 17

imo the WR/DB should look back for the ball once you take control of him which would allow you to attempt a catch or swat
Old 07-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #75
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Like I said I always control the safety's and usually they are in a deep zone so they should almost always be looking at the Qb or the ball...

And what good would a video do? People could just say well you didn't push the button that's why it didn't work. There's nothing that proves you did or didn't press the button or at what moment you did it.

IMO after I've been playing for years and years its off. It seems to work if your stuck on the Wr like glue, but if your running in to help defend a pass they just won't respond when your press the button.

At least if it has to doing with timing you defender or Wr should at least give you a catch animation/swat that way at least you know you mis timed it not just a complete nothing..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 02:52 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 3

defensive assist works wonders
Old 07-17-2012, 02:56 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnfootball77
defensive assist works wonders

And takes a lot of fun out of controlling your own players too. In fact defensive assist isn't even all that reliable.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #78
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Noob question here, but can someone explain to me how to use the defensive assist. I have never tried it before since I never have had issues like this usering swats/INTs but I might as well try it.

Do you have to hold it down right at the snap, or can you hold it down at any time during the play to have the assist take over? Do I have to let go of the left stick completely while its on?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:41 PM   #79
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Noob question here, but can someone explain to me how to use the defensive assist. I have never tried it before since I never have had issues like this usering swats/INTs but I might as well try it.

Do you have to hold it down right at the snap, or can you hold it down at any time during the play to have the assist take over? Do I have to let go of the left stick completely while its on?
hey noob when ball is in air take control nearest and press x cpu will do the rest but it doesn't work on heisman
Old 07-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #80
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
hey noob when ball is in air take control nearest and press x cpu will do the rest but it doesn't work on heisman

Haha thanks my man.

So, that leads me to this question, are these issues with user catching/user INTs/user swats not working tied to heisman mode? Are they still happening on AA?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »