Home

Come ON EA...do it ALL the way if you are going to Do it At All.

This is a discussion on Come ON EA...do it ALL the way if you are going to Do it At All. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #9
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Come ON EA...do it ALL the way if you are going to Do it At All.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniels2386
Yes ... Gameplay > Presentation

Yes

Yes

I smell a challenge. To bad your on a less superior console: 360 > PS3 ... Id play you for bragging rights thats for sure! I was #8 on NCAA12. Dont try and big dick me .. I dont care who you are or what your about. Your resume' doesnt impress me as mine doesnt impress you.

All Im saying is MORE people care about game play rather than presentation. If you dont think so then start a poll. Im all for presentation...AFTER the game play and other important features are fixed. Trophy Presentation isnt that big of deal in my books. Hell half the time Im hitting "A" to hurry up and exit the game. Plus Im sure (especially with EA making it) after you see the 1st trophy presentation its no longer cool. It will be all the same animations, just different looking trophy and uniforms on the field. Again NOT a big deal, but what ever floats your boat man

I have both consoles...and a Wii too. I just am used to the controls of the PS since I've owned it longer. On the XBox, I play racing games. Being that the reason that the FCS is most likely not in the game anymore because of the storage of DVDs vs Blu-rays, I wouldn't be bragging too much on the perception of which is the better console because developers have to cater to its storage limitations.

My beef is they didn't spend enough on trophy presentations, didn't mix them up, didn't make it....EXCITING. I know the other issues will be addressed, to some extent they always are, but from going to a real college games and then to going to play this game its like going to Wimbledon and then playing Pong. The pageantry and atmosphere of college football shouldn't be lost in trying to make this a better game. They did it half @ssed which just makes it that much more pathetic. I didn't come in here saying its the NUMBER ONE ISSUE THAT MUST BE ADDRESSED. YOU and your friend made it into that argument.

Oh and Season Showdown doesn't measure skill as much as the number of games played. When you are in the top 10 of all people who picked a favorite team, it means a ton of time playing the game. That was my point, not my skill level. As my point for the thread was if EA is going to put something in the game to spruce up the atmosphere, don't put forth some weak effort.

Last edited by slick1ru2; 07-12-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:56 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 14

Dangit, this was an amusing thread
Old 07-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #11
Rookie

TheFreightTrain's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickbeast
Dangit, this was an amusing thread
I completely agree with this 110%
NCAA Football: U of M, Michigan State Universty, Georgia Bulldogs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #12
Banned

Daniels2386's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
YOU and your friend made it into that argument.
My friend? Who you talking about? I like to think of myself as a 1 man wolfpack....

Quote:
The pageantry and atmosphere of college football shouldn't be lost in trying to make this a better game
but sadly it is. If the past has taught us anything its that. EA will ALWAYS under achieve. Seems like they either over complicate things or just dont care about what they put out. They're going to make a killing either way. I think (not sure) football is the most popular sport in America. Of course a vast majority is going to buy it, irregardless of their sales pitch. Its not like Baseball to where if it sucks people wont get it. They could probably not even have commercials to hype the release up of NCAA and still make boo-koo's of bucks. EA loves to no vasoline us all lol
Old 07-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #13
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Wait for it.....wait for it........

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 07-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #14
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniels2386
I smell a challenge. To bad your on a less superior...
LMAO @ "less superior"
Old 07-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #15
Banned

Daniels2386's Arena

OVR: 2

Hey FSU fan Boomer Sooner :P haha jk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #16
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4

This 20th anniversary NCAA was about as dull as the 20th anniversary of Madden when it comes to game atmosphere. Even last year's opening movie was better than the Heisman one this year. They need to clean house.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »