Home

Cpu aggressive zone defense

This is a discussion on Cpu aggressive zone defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2012, 11:57 AM   #73
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Cpu aggressive zone defense

I just wish they would give us an option to turn off game plan. What bothers me the most is that this is such a simple fix. Just don't have the CPU switch to aggressive zone coverages. THAT IS IT! Game would play %100 better.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #74
Rookie

jweaks's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
I just wish they would give us an option to turn off game plan. What bothers me the most is that this is such a simple fix. Just don't have the CPU switch to aggressive zone coverages. THAT IS IT! Game would play %100 better.
Yep. I bumped coverage to 75 on my sliders. Some folks are running 100. That does help, but they still go into short-aggressive mode too much. The fact that I'm a run first team and use short passes before I try anything deep really pulls them in and has the safeties "looking" instead of covering. Boom WR wide open deep, TD.

It is better with the sliders set right.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #75
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweaks
Yep. I bumped coverage to 75 on my sliders. Some folks are running 100. That does help, but they still go into short-aggressive mode too much. The fact that I'm a run first team and use short passes before I try anything deep really pulls them in and has the safeties "looking" instead of covering. Boom WR wide open deep, TD.

It is better with the sliders set right.
We are talking about totally different things. You are talking about sliders. This thread is about game plan/zone coverages. It doesn't matter what you have the sliders set to, if zone coverage is set to aggressive, you can score a TD on a bomb every play. It has nothing to do with you "setting up the defense". It has to do with a stupid CPU setting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #76
Rookie

jweaks's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
We are talking about totally different things. You are talking about sliders. This thread is about game plan/zone coverages. It doesn't matter what you have the sliders set to, if zone coverage is set to aggressive, you can score a TD on a bomb every play. It has nothing to do with you "setting up the defense". It has to do with a stupid CPU setting.
I understand the difference, but I believe it is still a factor. If coverage is boosted in the slider, then the DBs have less of a chance of getting beat and/or a better chance to recover. Even with the aggressive zone.

At least that has been my experience. Your mileage may vary.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:19 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 0

for those of you playing coach mode, using two controllers and selecting the plays for both teams is working wonderfully for me... aggressive is turned off, and no one calls all blitz when they're up by a TD late... as an added bonus, this also avoids the crazy FG decisions of the CPU you see at Heisman...

they will have it fixed in the next patch at the end of august... of course, by then Madden will be out... whoever missed this really should be fired, its beyond inexcusable...
Old 08-01-2012, 07:47 PM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
Patch #2 coming out by the end of the month has some zone fixes. The patch notes don't mention the CPU zone game planning issue specifically, but hopefully the points about fixing deep zone coverage includes a fix to this problem.
Yeah, well let's just hope that "fixing deep zone coverage " doesn't mean warping CPU DB's so they stop pass.It wouldn't be first time that they made fix like that.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #79
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11

Has anyone tried to lower the agressive slider in the coach settings and tested whether it affects how often the CPU uses agressive tactics?
Old 08-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wepr3
Has anyone tried to lower the agressive slider in the coach settings and tested whether it affects how often the CPU uses agressive tactics?
I did last 6 games,maxed out cpu all the way to conservative hoping that would lower amount of all out blitzes on defense and cpu bomb spam in offense, and haven't seen any big difference.

Last game against Wisconsin (i am Indiana, Coach mode) they played aggressive from the beginning.It ended up 27-7 for me and all of my TD's were due to aggressive zone.

CPU offense also total disaster due to same (over) aggressive play.They kept trying bombs down the field and they run total of 6 times for whole game(sigh).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »