Home

Recruiting 101

This is a discussion on Recruiting 101 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #25
Rookie

TryHard_Nation's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Recruiting 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigslim816
EA did a great job with recruiting this year then ruined it. The ability to adjust players stats mid dynasty is going to lessen the impact of how good it is. It was best when you had to deal with what you got. Most people including me eventually will just let the cpu do all the work and adjust stats later. I don't want to do it but I will.
....What? Adjust players stats?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard_Nation
....What? Adjust players stats?
He's talking about attributes and overalls i believe.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigslim816
EA did a great job with recruiting this year then ruined it. The ability to adjust players stats mid dynasty is going to lessen the impact of how good it is. It was best when you had to deal with what you got. Most people including me eventually will just let the cpu do all the work and adjust stats later. I don't want to do it but I will.
So everyone else should suffer because YOU lack sufficient self control?
Old 07-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #28
Rookie

nikka's Arena

OVR: 5

This is playing on All-American gameplay and recruiting settings... I'm currently doing a dynasty with UMass i'm in year 1 week 6 currently (2-3) I'm looking at landing three 4 stars in my class as I lead for them by 400+ points and have them on campus for a visit soon.. I currently have three 3 stars committed aswell. This after being in only 3 players top 10 teams of interest in pre-season. One of the 3 Star commits is a "gem" He gained 12 points after scouting it bumped him all the way up to 77 OVR.

My theory is :

Starting in pre-season filling up your boards...

A.) Find players that have NOT narrowed there list from 10 teams

B.) Make sure the player only has one or two teams initially interested (Meaning atleast one slot on the top 3 has a ? there) This essentially "gets you in the game" with them especially as a smaller 1 Star school.

C.) Offer immediately and promise things like winning record vs rival/No redshirt/Early PT if it calls for it... This stocks your team with more talented players.. Just play them and roll with it.

D.) After 4-5 weeks you should find that a few prospects just aren't interested so drop them and go to search and filter it by "10 schools remaining" there should be quite a few 4 Stars and highly rated 3 stars out there without offers and much interest from schools. add them to your board and repeat with offers and promises. You may have some not bite but no worries just repeat the process after 3 or 4 more weeks.

Call distribution

I really focus on the top 18 players on my board at first.. I try to rack up in points with promises and tend to negative recruit against the "2nd" school early to gain separation. After I get a pretty good lead with the top prospects, I start throwing more minutes to the class fillers... at that point alot of the other small schools have already offered and are after them so try not to use your promises early on the "class fillers"

I used the same tactic in NCAA 12' and it worked pretty well and it seems to be working VERY well in this. Hope this helps you!
Old 07-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #29
Rookie

Lionsfan7887's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04
I might become a College Football addict just for the recruiting and scouting thing. The more I read about it, the more I found things that make me want to play games quick so I can get on the scouting side quickly! :-)

Question for you guys, since I've understand most of the rules like not letting the CPU do the scouting, not filling the board to 35.

I was wondering, even after reading the bible, when are you letting go a prospect on the board? If you concentrate on 10 guys at one point, when are you saying to yourself : "Got no chance to sign him, let go".

I know it will depend on the team you are in charge, that it's easier to recruit as Alabama or LSU than with UTSA or UMASS. For me, the way I see it, the time you spent scouting and phoning players are more important for the little college than the big ones since losing someone who want's to play in your college is more rare.

Anyway, keep it going guys, I'm learning a lot and like it! :-)

lol sounds just like me
Old 07-13-2012, 11:14 PM   #30
Pro

pjmoore 28's Arena

OVR: 12

During the preseason recruiting, i fill my board all the way up to 35, and then before i actually recruit on week 1, i trim it down. The reason i do this is because with the new "Dynamic Top 10" for recruits, i may get to 2nd on a 3* i didnt think i could pull in. So adding a bunch of players to your list during preseason can be really helpful and give u a boost.

Check out my Podcast here
Old 07-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 3
Teaching you how to recruit the right way.

RECRUITING IS EASY!

First off your difficulty will NOT matter. I use All American with All American Sliders you can find here

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rs-ncaa13.html

Best overall game to me. Not my slider set, but the base I use.

OK on to recruiting.

I see guys saying to fill your entire board up to the MAX. NO DO NOT DO THAT! TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER ASSISTANCE ON ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH RECRUITING.

After you have managed to do this start looking for guys that you NEED. Not the top 10 players, but the positions you need to fill.
We are only going to select 10 players at a time. When you do add guys to your board remember you want them to have you as their top 3 or 5 schools they are choosing. If it is going to take you more than 300 points to catch up to their top school you are pretty much at a loss.

Now that we have chosen our top 10 guys we are going to recruit each one at 60 minutes a piece. Do your best to compare schools when your rating is better. This will help. Offer the scholarship with the 5th or 6th pitch the first week of recruiting. You will do this for all 10 prospects. You will get at least 1 commit in the first 3 weeks if not the first week.

When you get a commit replace him with another prospect in the above range that I wrote about earlier. This will help a lot.

I usually have about 15-20 recruits committed before the season is over.

WITH THE NEW SCOUT SYSTEM. Use the max when scouting. You may only be able to scout two or three guys a week, but that is ok. With the new gems and busts no longer should you worry about get the highest rated prospects. Get the guys who are interested in you. I have at least three gems with my IU dynasty in the first year.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Will try to check as regularly as possible. I feel like I left somethings out so will try and edit and add as I remember.

Happy Recruiting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 10:35 AM   #32
Rookie

8mileroad's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Teaching you how to recruit the right way.

I've found it to be much more effective to use 50 minutes with recruits in order to get at least 12 a week, and then only 20-40 minutes when I'm in first, depending on how far in front I am.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »