Home

How do we find Pink Diamond recruits in NCAA 13?

This is a discussion on How do we find Pink Diamond recruits in NCAA 13? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #9
Rookie

PhantomDoodle's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: How do we find Pink Diamond recruits in NCAA 13?

I could be totally wrong here, but if the "Scouting Advisor" suggests a player to add to your board, they are usually (always?) a pink diamond kinda guy. At least that's what I've seen.

(and I've noticed that once you put the guy on your board, the pink diamond goes away)
Old 07-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #10
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomDoodle
I could be totally wrong here, but if the "Scouting Advisor" suggests a player to add to your board, they are usually (always?) a pink diamond kinda guy. At least that's what I've seen.

(and I've noticed that once you put the guy on your board, the pink diamond goes away)
Exactly. That was what I was going to post. Scout Advisor is the only thing I get to upgrade my dynasty play. A lot of the guys he mentions have a pink icon on them. I thought it was a heart but it could be a diamond.
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
MLB: Texas Rangers
NCAA: Baylor

Producer/Graphic Artist/Animator-CBS
Old 07-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thbends
Exactly. That was what I was going to post. Scout Advisor is the only thing I get to upgrade my dynasty play. A lot of the guys he mentions have a pink icon on them. I thought it was a heart but it could be a diamond.
hmm is the scouting advisor worth it? and how much is it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #12
Rookie

War34Eagle's Arena

OVR: 3
I know scouting advisor will tell you if someone is interested, marking him with a pink diamond
Old 07-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #13
Rookie

War34Eagle's Arena

OVR: 3
Whoops, my bad. Guess i should've finished reading all the posts
Old 07-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #14
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfbball04
hmm is the scouting advisor worth it? and how much is it?
I think it's like $2. Not sure. It's worth it to me because it adds a level to recruiting. You have a third party who advises you of interested players. I think at most it's like 1-3 a week. It also will advise you at times what one of your targets is thinking or what might help get him... under the guise of say, their parents told the advisor... blank.

It's cool and adds to the fun. Does not feel like you are cheating or anything.

Now adding a pipeline state... that would feel like cheating.

So if you are playing with say... SMU I guess all bets are off. Add multiple pipeline states. I keed I keed.
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
MLB: Texas Rangers
NCAA: Baylor

Producer/Graphic Artist/Animator-CBS

Last edited by thbends; 07-13-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Scouting Advisor feels like cheating to me, since you can get the same things by working at it. Anyway, in our Dynasty we turn off the accelerators. The work around was to find the players the Scouting Advisor recommended by the method I referenced in the OP. I'm hoping I can figure out a way to do that in 13 but no luck yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thbends
I think it's like $2. Not sure. It's worth it to me because it adds a level to recruiting. You have a third party who advises you of interested players. I think at most it's like 1-3 a week. It also will advise you at times what one of your targets is thinking or what might help get him... under the guise of say, their parents told the advisor... blank.

It's cool and adds to the fun. Does not feel like you are cheating or anything.

Now adding a pipeline state... that would feel like cheating.

So if you are playing with say... SMU I guess all bets are off. Add multiple pipeline states. I keed I keed.
hahaha i see what you did there.. i might have to pick that advisor up.. it sounds pretty cool and actually realistic. add that to the jersey DLC when it comes out and that will be the only two i purchase.. i already added 3 more pipeline states in my Wisconsin dynast.. i picked up Texas, California and Pennsylvania and already had Florida. first year of my franchise i picked up some 3 start underrated prospects from there to get the pipeline.. that may be why i have so many 5 stars interested in me now.. because i have Texas, Cali, Florida, and Penn locked up. One of the 3 stars i picked up is now a all american sophmore SS rated like a 86.. dude is an absolute ball hawk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »