Home

Fixed Sim Scores

This is a discussion on Fixed Sim Scores within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2012, 10:35 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Fixed Sim Scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
Not quite sure how you come to the conclusion that is bolded by this.

I actually like it the way it is. The ticker and updates keep me more in tune with what is going on around the country in my dynasty. In the past I would just get so caught up on only my team.
Because it could have been done without predetermining the games outcomes. It's already been stated in this thread how. Other games in the past have had tickers and highlight shows without having to simulate everything a week early. It just seems shortsighted, and poorly implemented to me. It probably doesn't help that I loathe this games sim engine, and the amount of upsets it produces.

As far as laziness and incompetence, that statement encompasses a whole lot more than just this issue for me. From all the little bugs that haven't been addressed that are 3 years old, to the freezing issues, I just don't think this development team has what it takes to produce the game we deserve.

Last edited by Tackleberry; 07-13-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:58 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 4

in 2017, Ohio, WKU, CMU, Ark St are all powerhouses now
Old 07-14-2012, 05:40 AM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
in 2017, Ohio, WKU, CMU, Ark St are all powerhouses now
Good I went to CMU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 11:19 AM   #36
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry
Then turning the ticker off should allow games to be simmed as they were previously, but it doesn't. I personally couldn't care less about the ticker, they have had something similar in previous football games without the game outcomes being fixed. This just reeks of laziness and incompetence.
Actually their sim engine is fine. So they sim game for the week you're advancing to, no big deal. There are way too many upsets but I think that has more to do with teams being so closely rated to one another. It's not incompetent nor is it lazy, you're just trying to find something wrong where there is nothing wrong.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:37 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2th3m1th
Actually their sim engine is fine. So they sim game for the week you're advancing to, no big deal. There are way too many upsets but I think that has more to do with teams being so closely rated to one another. It's not incompetent nor is it lazy, you're just trying to find something wrong where there is nothing wrong.
First off, no their sim engine is not fine, when you constantly have far inferior teams winning on the road. How exactly is it an upset when the two teams are rated similarly? That whole statement contradicts itself.

Second i've already explained why it's an issue earlier in this thread, it basically forces you to live with the results of their sim engine. Just because that isn't an issue for you, doesn't mean it's not an issue for others. If it doesn't bother you, then don't leave a comment. I don't go into the threads about facemasks, or sock heights and tell them their concerns don't matter because it's not important to me. People like you are the reason this game sucks...
Old 07-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #38
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

I've always been someone who will go back and re-sim something until I get the desired result. However, I've been OK with the simming so far. Instead of wasting time with re-simming, I'll just go in and play a game in which I didn't like the result of after seeing it on the ticker.

You know what would be really cool in the future is if you had the ability to jump to different games. Say I'm winning my game 38-14 late in the third and see another game is 20-17 in the final two minutes, it would be awesome to jump into that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »