Home

Can't get close to realistic game play (frustrated)

This is a discussion on Can't get close to realistic game play (frustrated) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #17
Pro

C_Bailey24's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Can't get close to realistic game play (frustrated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSA1864
Could you explain the auto sprint in a little more detail. I thought you were not supposed to use the sprint button until after you crossed the LOS. Thanks.
What i'm saying is Auto Sprint is a Setting that is automatically ON unless you go into your settings and change it. You can do it from the main screen or in game. Go to Setting or Controller Settings. Under the HELPERS section you will see Auto Sprint and Auto Strafe are automatically set to ON. Meaning, when u press the stick all the way forward in whatever direction you're trying to run you will be activating your runner to sprint/speed burst without even knowing it. What this does is trigger the CPU defenders to react more quickly, disengage from their blocks and tackle you. When it is OFF, no matter how hard you press the Left Stick your runner is still running "normal" speed with no acceleration until you MANUALLY hold down R2 to speed burst/accelerate. I found that with just sort of feathering the left stick in and out of holes, and making my own cutbacks, etc the running game is pretty smooth and fun. Hope this helps.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #18
Pro

C_Bailey24's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by twimstaxs
Do you use heisman sliders or just the presets?
I haven't touched a slider yet. Heisman default everything. Yes the pass completions are high but right now i'm just playing a bunch of games to get a feel for everything then i will make some changes down the road.

I run mainly from Shotgun because running from under center is even easier. The blocking just seems a little better and i would literally avg like 8 yards a carry. Now granted i've only played Temple, Wake Forest and West Virginia(#8 ranked, yet only a C- type defense) in dynasty so maybe things will change when i play Clemson, FSU, etc.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHawkins
You guys always start posts off with *sugar coating*. Don't complain about the game by complimenting it. The game plays Identical to last years from what I've seen. So much so that I'm using it as Madden bait. And I'm the LAST person to be interested in an EA Madden product! But this game just doesn't cut it anymore. Too bland and too stale. Same ole same ole every year with over-hyped gimmicks.
Then why are you trolling these boards?
Old 07-14-2012, 02:46 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mileroad
Maybe you should play All American. While it certainly still isn't "realistic football", I can run the option with relative ease and there are usually decent holes to run through. Also, maybe you just don't know who to option on the option plays.
Comments like these are useless. The "you suck" answer. First, the people that do suck don't think they suck, and if they did, they would be letting you know they thought so. Second, it's rarely every that. Most people who play these games know how to play them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »