Home

The Ratings Break Down - NCAA 13 Edition

This is a discussion on The Ratings Break Down - NCAA 13 Edition within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2012, 11:51 PM   #17
Pro

crowhop's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: The Ratings Break Down - NCAA 13 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubucks13
This is exactly why we need a universal player editor. Would make editing things like this so much easier.
A couple of things on this...

First, you are right. A feature like this needs to be in the game.
But it will never happen because of the legalities of the NCAA athletes being depicted in a game. With the current lawsuits still ongoing, they don't want to poke the bear any more than they already do. Truth is, this is what Team Builder should be used for, but it is almost worthless.

Second, why not a PC version? This is my wish. With a PC version we could darn well do anything and everything we wanted with the coding of the game. And it would be the most amazing game in the history of sports games.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:58 PM   #18
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
As always, this dude is on point. I've been doing my own experimenting as well and am going to basically edit every single player on every team. At the rate I'm going I should be done by opening weekend lol. But, basically what I've been doing is trying to get as much of the "dumbness" out of the game...especially at QB. I want to see players make football plays first and foremost and then let their physical skill determine the outcome of those football plays. Based on that I have:

Given all QB's 99 AWR as well as all defensive players. What I have found is the AWR rating for defensive players does not affect the overall rating nearly as much as the PRC rating does. It was Skillz that told me that PRC is the defense's awareness rating. I also, have given 99 AWR to the QB's while editing their THA rating. For me it works because I see QB's making plays while still being erratic at times throwing the ball.

I'm gonna take what Skillz have said and continue to dig deeper. I'm in no hurry to start my own personal Dynasty. I'm actually having a ton of fun watching CPU vs. CPU play realistic games.

Also using the 40 chart and draftscout to get the players true 40 times to come up with speed and acceleration.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Also using the 40 chart and draftscout to get the players true 40 times to come up with speed and acceleration.
Can you link me to draftscout? I tried googling it but only came up with one for the NBA. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-15-2012, 12:12 AM   #20
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUVlly
Can you link me to draftscout? I tried googling it but only came up with one for the NBA. Thanks in advance!

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2013&genpos=SS
Old 07-15-2012, 12:14 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Aaaah so it WAS that one. Was looking for it without the NFL at first haha. I appreciate it sir!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2012, 12:56 AM   #22
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyo60
Do you have a recomendation for how to rate speed? I know for Marshall we had several players run in 4.3s but EA makes them bad by just lowering speed and such to even out ratings. I'd really like to get that as realistic as possible with speed ratings stretched out.
I'm pretty sure everybody says they have a bunch of players that run that. Not saying Marshall is bad but do even realize how fast that is? That's close to top speed for fastest of the fast in the NFL....
Old 07-15-2012, 01:39 AM   #23
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
I'm pretty sure everybody says they have a bunch of players that run that. Not saying Marshall is bad but do even realize how fast that is? That's close to top speed for fastest of the fast in the NFL....
Yeah I played for 5 years... My fastest time was a 4.8 so I can imagine what 4.3 is... I also know they were electric timed, not hand timed and just how fast/how slow some are based on closer to program than average fan. Speed has been one of our better assets since Holiday took over. Also remember I'm not saying they are great, track speed means nothing for football speed or true performance on the field.

For instance Mario Harvey for the Colts timed out a 4.35 in summer drills two years ago. Timed 4.46 on his pro day, but timed anywhere between that and 4.38 with Tony Villani who still says at his weight is one of the fastest players he's ever seen, but on the field he looks around a 4.5... Or another more close to my school, Aaron Dobson ran a 4.3 to end the summer. Andre Booker ran a 4.38... If you watched them play, Dobsons fast, but Bookers speed looks out of this world. You'd not think Dobsons faster in a 40 yard dash.

To bring that into the game perspective it's hard to bring 40s into a ratings view when on tape one player appears faster or slower than what they run on a 40.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:15 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

For players speed, I've used draftscout for years. However, I don't always take that number (average) for the speed, as some players known to be burners I will also look at 100m times, the low 40 time, or couchscout's 40 time. Never do I take the teams listed 40s as truth. This is in rare occasions for players like Sammy Watkins whose 40 is listed inconsistently with his track times and reputation for being a burner. Although the reason I believe his time is lower than what I expect is because I do not believe draftscout has updated his time yet, since it was raised from when he first started playing. Although I have his acceleration top notch with pretty good agility, but not elite.

One question regarding speed, do others take the speed from say draftscout and match it up according to the game's speed chart? I know some have their own formulas, but I feel I should match it up with the games.

Also would love to hear how others configure ratings such as BCV, ACC, TAK, MAN/ZONE COV, AWR, etc. I have my own system but would love to hear how others do it to see if I could improve mine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »