Home

What is your Play Style

This is a discussion on What is your Play Style within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #9
Rookie

pirateraider's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What is your Play Style

guns up, i run the air raid on offense. simple offense, few plays out of many formations you can shred defenses if you know what to read and react to

defense wise… still under construction. I've never been good at defense
Old 07-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 13

My next dynasty is going to be all tough running...75%+ on the run.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:57 AM   #11
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

On offense I go with a Pro style formation with a heavy emphasis on running. Like to have a strong running FB with a quick HB and a scrambling QB. Like to have QB draws and FB runs thrown in the mix, at least to me, adds variety and keeping the defense not knowing who's going to run with it.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 12:33 PM   #12
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

i like to play pro style. however i've been doing some experimenting with the Nebraska spread offense, and find some aspects of that i really enjoy.

last night i decided to make a cpb using NE's playbook as a base, then the plan is to incorporate a good handful of Ace, and kind of craft a Pro Spread style offense and see how i come out.

my true style though, Pro.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:50 PM   #13
Rookie

iowa-bronco's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm playing with UMass right now and their running back is one of the best players on my team so i run most of the time probably about 70-30. On defense i like to run cover 2 or 3 on first down from the 4-3 and on second i blitz or use cover 3. On third i either blitz or run man depending what i did on second down. If they only have 1 WR or if they are getting big gains on the ground i use the 4-4.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #14
Rookie

Dylan_RnS's Arena

OVR: 0

Run n Shoot mostly from Pistol. Like to mix in a Pro Style running game and some option in. The pistol seems to be perfect for that.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #15
Rookie

B Easy's Arena

OVR: 3

In my years of playing NCAA, I've had the most fun playing a pro style offense. Love having fast RB's, big RB's, scat backs, etc. My preference is to have a strong ground game.

When I go to the air, I like quick hitting routes; slants, drags, and curls. Having a versatile FB who can catch the ball out of the backfield is always a plus. I love going down field at any given time as well. Around the goal line I like a TE who can leak out and grab me a touchdown.

Defensively I go 4-3 with a lot of man. I'll bring the house to mix things up, but I prefer faster linemen who can generate a pass rush on their own. If I blitz I like to bring guys off the edge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

This year I'm running the Spread offense, using Oregon's playbook. I'm a balanced type of play caller somewhat. But I lean more towards the run. Depending on the game and situation, I'm 55/45-60/40 run/pass. I edited the playbook to add in I-Form for the power run game and some single back formations to mix it up. Run a lot of short routes, but I love to eat up defenses with the play action and deep throws. If my run game gets shut down, chances are my deep game suffers.

Defense, I run multiple D. I like the option to have to run whatever formation I need in response to the offense. 4-3, 34, 46, 5-2. dime, nickel, 3-3-5. I don't normally blitz a lot. But if I have good corners then I blitz, but I prefer to have the two safety's over the top. Cause a lot of the times, my CB get burned on the bump. If I keep them back, the get burned on the curl.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »