Home

I just missed a 38 yard field goal 5 yards short

This is a discussion on I just missed a 38 yard field goal 5 yards short within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2012, 10:45 PM   #33
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: I just missed a 38 yard field goal 5 yards short

What is his Kick Power? I have had Kickers that break the 70 mark because they have great accuracy and other critical ratings but no power.

I just sim both my own and AI kick attempts as that is the only fair way to do it.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #34
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Take a look at Vandy's stats.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ilt-commodores

Missed a 20 some yard FG, 3 between 30-39 yards, and made nothing above 37 yards. This is at an SEC school.
No, you see. As a Vandy fan, I made this point and was told I am negative. This forum has such potential, but half the users are nitwits.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:00 PM   #35
Rookie

thunt52's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
I just sim both my own and AI kick attempts as that is the only fair way to do it.
This is how I roll...kicking has NEVER been realistic in any NCAA game ever...I can't believe it hasn't been rehauled yet...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 11:27 PM   #36
Rookie

ClemTiger's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen
No, you see. As a Vandy fan, I made this point and was told I am negative. This forum has such potential, but half the users are nitwits.
I think the point the OP and several others are making is no D1 kicker should be short from 40 yards when there is no wind interference. Wide left or wide right definitely, but a D1 kicker should never be short from 40 yards. I coach at a 1A school here in SC and our kickers are barely 130 lbs but they all can kick the ball 40 yards using a tee, so a D1 kicker should easily be able to.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:44 PM   #37
Banned

dreezymac's Arena

OVR: 11

Funny part is I bet that same kicker will put it in or near the endzone on kickoffs everytime...

Did you check the replay to see if the holder had the laces out?
Old 07-17-2012, 11:49 PM   #38
Rookie

chadex's Arena

I was playing with Duke and I had the worst frickin' kicker in the entire FBS. He would miss extra points on occasion, botch any field goal after 34 yards and planted kick offs on at least the 8 yard line. Needless to say, I did not mind bumping his power and accuracy up a little.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #39
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

What's the kickers accuracy? If it's really low then they won't be able kick anything. I've had PAT's go short with Texas State's kicker.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:56 PM   #40
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

Can the possibility of slider adjustment be part of this conversation? I play offline dynasties so I may not be aware of certain restraints regarding sliders.

In my experience, I have never had issue being able to arrive at realistic user FG kicking results, both accuracy wise and distance, by utilizing the sliders.

I'm only 3 games into my '13 dynasty, and I think my user long so far is 41 yards, which I didn't have any extra to spare as I recall, and it made me wonder if I need to bump up my user FG length slider, which I will probably end up doing, in hopes that I can have a realistic chance to make a ~45 yard FG. (reference: #90 K Jeremy Shelley at Alabama)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »