Home

LOL Some of these recruits can be downright comical

This is a discussion on LOL Some of these recruits can be downright comical within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 06:39 PM   #41
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: LOL Some of these recruits can be downright comical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
It was unwarranted arrogance. People won't respond well to that regardless of who it's directed to.
Posting that kind of recruiting with a 6-6 Texas State team is only unwanted arrogance from those who don't know how to recruit well on the game. Which is why I received the *this is unrealistic response* which is a subtle way of calling me a liar.

You can spin it how you want, the response was unwarranted. In no way am I saying I'll get that kind of recruiting every year because that would be foolish. But the amount of flaming and childish responses under many of these threads on this board, this included is what makes posting on these kind of Forums less enjoyable.

If someone else posted that kind of recruiting results with a 1 Star team, I would be the first to say "Hey that is sick!" But you have disagreeable natures and agreeable natures everywhere you go.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 9

LSU recruited a kid for this year ... Jeremy Liggins 6'4 275

He had offers from the whole SEC outside of Florida.

17th ranked QB 2012

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...Liggins-118495

On recruiting, its easy because the system is broken. You are given opportunity to easily get in Top 50 recruiting classes at bad schools because of how broken it is.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:48 PM   #43
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
What's funny is that if you look back at the posts before OP's first reply, no one accused him of lying or even recruiting on a low difficulty. Someone simply said that he didn't say what difficulty he recruits on (and considering there are four difficulties, I didn't find the comment to be off-hand).

The only reply that was even remotely "childish" or attacking was the one that said he must be more an NFL fan and think every DE comes in at 260 lbs.

OP spun this one out of control on his own by overreacting and being over-defensive and accusatory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #44
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHawkins
Posting that kind of recruiting with a 6-6 Texas State team is only unwanted arrogance from those who don't know how to recruit well on the game. Which is why I received the *this is unrealistic response* which is a subtle way of calling me a liar.

You can spin it how you want, the response was unwarranted. In no way am I saying I'll get that kind of recruiting every year because that would be foolish. But the amount of flaming and childish responses under many of these threads on this board, this included is what makes posting on these kind of Forums less enjoyable.

If someone else posted that kind of recruiting results with a 1 Star team, I would be the first to say "Hey that is sick!" But you have disagreeable natures and agreeable natures everywhere you go.
Again, there was no flaming or anything else until you started questioning people's intellect. No one called you a liar, but just pointed out that that type of recruiting class with that team is unrealistic, meaning:

re·al·is·tic   /ˌriəˈlɪstɪk/ Show Spelled[ree-uh-lis-tik] Show IPA
adjective
1. interested in, concerned with, or based on what is real or practical: a realistic estimate of costs; a realistic planner.
2. pertaining to, characterized by, or given to the representation in literature or art of things as they really are: a realistic novel.
3. resembling or simulating real life: a duck hunter skilled at making realistic decoys

As in, it is not possible in real life. No one said any more or any less.

And agreeable vs disagreeable? You overreacted man. It is ok, happens to everyone from time to time, but seriously?

Last edited by Sublime12089; 07-18-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #45
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
My wife finds a recruit... a 6'7 263 lb QB I think he was, we took a pic of him with the Ipad just haven't uploaded it.

And then she finds a 6'3 213 lb DE and signs him. LMAO

Common EA you gotta do better than this! The lack of FB's and Kickers is still ridiculous.

But my first year with Texas State I finished 27th overall in recruiting.

Eight 4* recruits, Six 3* recruits, One 2*, and a 1* recruit. Pretty darn good.

My Wife finished 62nd overall signing Three 4*, Eleven 3*, One 2* with UL Lafayette. And she won the Go Daddy Bowl vs Toledo! She finished 9-4 on Heisman! lmao
Expect to see me takeover your gardening/landscaping soon. Don't feel bad about putting in those extra hours at work either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2012, 07:11 PM   #46
Rookie

riggs6taters's Arena

This thread...wow. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. TeamWatkins or whatever your name is you are fighting a losing battle. For some reason this board has threads that they flame for no apparent reason. If you would have had a colored name you probably would have received nothing but love.

On the recruiting stuff I don't think those players are that far fetched, I know a lot of times NCAA throws some whacky guys in there but I haven't seen any bad ones this year. Only time will tell.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #47
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

Ha what? No one was calling you a liar. These video games aren't that hard to conquer. People have been recruiting and winning NC's with mediocre teams for over a decade - on Heisman. The only resistance you got at first was people disagreeing that what you were posting about was necessarily unrealistic. And the post about the class being unrealistic was made because it is unrealistic, but so are a lot of things about the game. He clearly meant that it was unrealistic if the game allowed it, not that there's no way you could do it.

Like the previous poster said, you overreacted and beat your chest about your recruiting skills on All-American. That's when the real friction started.

Last edited by Ramminyou; 07-18-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Aside from the actual childish comments, we have recruiting set at All-American. And I've always been a beast at recruiting. If you suck at it, rather than waste time trolling, why not ask how you can become as good as me doing it.
It was on Varsity, get over yourself.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »