Home

Do You Think Competition Would Solve Alot Of Our Complaints With EA?

This is a discussion on Do You Think Competition Would Solve Alot Of Our Complaints With EA? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Do You Think Competition Would Solve Alot Of Our Complaints With EA?

I think it would fix alot of it, yes. Look at war games like CoD and Battlefield for example. They're constantly trying to 1-up the other to reign supreme. Competition brings out the best of anything in discussion. Whether that be video games, films, business, sports etc.

If EA and 2k sports both launched a NCAA game ( just an example, go with it) around the same time. You honestly think EA's product would be riddled with bugs? Especially since they've been doing this for like 12-13yrs? I know mistakes are made and things get overlooked/missed, but if there was competition and EA feared losing business you could bet your sweet azz a patch would already be out.

Im not saying 2k sports would put out a better game than EA, cause honestly I dont think they nor anyone could really. To me its all a matter of EA not living up to its potential. Theres nothing pushing them to put out a great game.

If your happy with the game then you havent been gaming very long, have low standards, or just enjoy gargling the sack of EA. Im not optimistic or pessimistic, Im a realist and I call it like I see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Do You Think Competition Would Solve Alot Of Our Complaints With EA?

I've always held the belief "competition is healthy"
but something tells me all complaints would be met with "then go buy the other game"
Old 07-20-2012, 07:40 PM   #3
On the road again

Blue's Arena

OVR: 20

One thing to consider is that ea only has ONE YEAR to make these games, same as 2k, so I'm never surprised to see bugs and glitches with few updates because pretty much as soon as they release the game it's time to turn around and start on the next one, I do understand your point that it could be better but in my opinion due to their limitation they get a winning formula and stick to it for a couple years, yeah some glitches remain too but nothing is perfect, NCAA 12 was a winner, it had its bugs and glitches but received solid reviews so I'm not surprised 13 isnt much of a leap and I don't expect 14 to be either, NCAA has one of the most difficult franchises, they have to master solid gameplay and ratings for 120+ schools(do you really think FCS schools would be accurate)and still have other game modes no other franchise has to face that. Overall I'm happy with NCAA, heisman mode could have been more personal and RTG lost a few little things I'll miss but I think I'll survive

Last edited by Blue; 07-20-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:47 PM   #4
Rookie

pirateraider's Arena

OVR: 4

i think the problem at this point really is that the potential of the ncaa franchise in this generation of consoles is capped, and there isn't too much more EA could do other than minor tweaks and small additions

i truly believe that the makers of ncaa are actually focused on their next gen version of the game more than anything, and that when the new consoles drop that version of ncaa will be amazing, especially if reports are true that the next gen xbox will be 6 or 7 times more powerful than this gen
Old 07-20-2012, 07:48 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 14

People are going to complain about products they buy with their money no matter what. That being said, EA literally has no motivation to put serious money and resources into bringing NCAA or Madden to the level of quality that MLB: The Show or NBA2K has accomplished during this generation of systems. NCAA and Madden are going to be money makers for EA because Football is by far the most popular sport in America and there's only one game offered for college fans and one offered for NFL fans.
Last generation, it would be a safe bet to say that the football genre had the highest quality overall of any other sports genre.
Everyone knows the stuff that happened between the NFL and EA after 2k5 showed up. PS3/360 hit the market and NCAA and Madden are no where near the excellence of games like MLB: The Show or NBA2K11-12.
Another way to think of this is change the subject to the auto industry. Tons of competition, but what if only one auto company was allowed to make vehicles for the world? There would be no reason to improve x product because of a monopoly in the market.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 07:53 PM   #6
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

it's not EA's fault there isn't competition. Someone else can make a college game. They had a 6 year deal back in 05. Problem is no one else wants to step up and make a game because it isn't going to profit right away.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:53 PM   #7
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

No. Not al all, period.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #8
Pro

Sdrawkcab321's Arena

OVR: 5

Competition would bring on twice as many complaints

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »