Home

New Recruiting in NCAA 13

This is a discussion on New Recruiting in NCAA 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
New Recruiting in NCAA 13

I have read that in NCAA 13, recruiting has been changed or revamped, with a scouting feature, bust/hidden-gem potential, supposedly no more roulette wheel? The main reason I've stopped buying the game new and getting the used versions of last year's game is because they've made in-season play so tedious. Between each game, I have to spend 20 to 30 minutes maneuvering recruiting minutes. I will admit (and I know this is sacrilegious on OS), I preferred the "head coach phone call - 10 points vs. asst. visit - 15 points" system from 07. It was quicker, both in-season and off and I could get back to playing the game.

My questions are: has the new system gotten more tedious? How accurate is the scouting? Are you finding yourself getting too many busts or finding you can't recruiting enough recruits because you keep coming up with duds? Or are the star ratings holding up regardless of the scouting? I remember Madden's first "scouting system", it was completely broken and useless.

Just looking for the skinny on this feature because it's the one feature that changes how I feel about Dynasty Mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2012, 12:03 AM   #2
Rookie

TigerRag's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: New Recruiting in NCAA 13

I like you thought the previous recruiting was really tedious and I would usually just quick-call. I LOVE the new recruiting though. I actually look forward to my games ending so I can get back to recruiting now.

Quote:
My questions are: has the new system gotten more tedious? How accurate is the scouting? Are you finding yourself getting too many busts or finding you can't recruiting enough recruits because you keep coming up with duds? Or are the star ratings holding up regardless of the scouting? I remember Madden's first "scouting system", it was completely broken and useless.
The new system is far from tedious and is actually quite fun. The scouting will give you the recruit's ratings 100% correct. I'm finding that there is a good mixture but I am also finding a good number of gems. Most of them are just +5 to their overall so it's nothing TOO far out there. Their star ratings stay the same even after you scout them 100%. I look at the star ratings as something rivals or scout would give them and then my school's staff goes to scout the player themselves and gives me the true ratings. This is completely different than Madden's scouting system.

Plus, there is still the quick call feature.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:28 AM   #3
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerRag
I like you thought the previous recruiting was really tedious and I would usually just quick-call. I LOVE the new recruiting though. I actually look forward to my games ending so I can get back to recruiting now.

The new system is far from tedious and is actually quite fun. The scouting will give you the recruit's ratings 100% correct. I'm finding that there is a good mixture but I am also finding a good number of gems. Most of them are just +5 to their overall so it's nothing TOO far out there. Their star ratings stay the same even after you scout them 100%. I look at the star ratings as something rivals or scout would give them and then my school's staff goes to scout the player themselves and gives me the true ratings. This is completely different than Madden's scouting system.

Plus, there is still the quick call feature.
The Madden system I was talking about was from way back with the "potential" and you would basically scout like 15 guys all year and the ratings never matched up at all, half the time, you couldn't even draft the guys, they were so bad.

But this is good info, thanks. I'll keep this game on my short list for 8 months from now
Old 07-22-2012, 12:42 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Im seeing too many Gems. I wish there were more busts..

It seems like 65% of 3 star recruits end up being 5 points or more better than what they were originally projected. Either that or I've just had a lot of luck picking the right 3 stars.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:51 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think it's more time consuming than last year and also it's much easier to haul in recruits. Last year I created a teambuilder team that was terrible and my highest pitch besides playing time was a "B" and the rest were D's or lower and I easily would finish 100+ in recruiting. This year I took the same team and I got the 69th class the first year in a school that has nothing good to offer and this is on hiesman difficulty.

Edit: If your considering buying this for the new scouting/recruiting then don't, I don't see this as much of an improvement over last years.

Last edited by N.C.State; 07-22-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2012, 12:58 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major9
Im seeing too many Gems. I wish there were more busts..

It seems like 65% of 3 star recruits end up being 5 points or more better than what they were originally projected. Either that or I've just had a lot of luck picking the right 3 stars.
Either you have good luck or I have bad luck because I think I've only signed one or two gems in 4 years and maybe 20 busts (no exaggeration) The busts are ok with me because a 4* bust beats most of my starters (umass)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »