Home

How Should EA Handle Playoff Committee (When the time comes to add it)

This is a discussion on How Should EA Handle Playoff Committee (When the time comes to add it) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2012, 12:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How Should EA Handle Playoff Committee (When the time comes to add it)

I know it's a ways off, but I was thinking today how will it be handled, considering how many complaints there are for the Top 25 now. I'll toss out a couple of ideas and then please add yours and maybe we'll get lucky and come up with something cool enough that EA will add it when the time comes.

The worst thing would be that we would find out in the schedule screen after all the bowls are played. No fanfare or anything.

With the studio updates in now I can see EA simply doing an update with Rece saying who the final 4 teams are, which would be better than the above scenario, but still not dramatic or exciting in any way.

I was thinking about some sort of "Inside the Committee" type of deal where after the bowl games it takes us to the committee and we get to see which teams each member is considering and why and then showing us how they decide and who they decide the final 4 teams should be.

Some years might be obvious who the 4 teams are and that's fine, but most years there should be a few teams that a couple committee members will differ on. I think if one of those teams are the one you are playing with it might add some drama and excitement or severe disappointment depending on if they choose your team or not.

Well, that's my small contribution to the discussion. What do you think they should do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2012, 12:41 AM   #2
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How Should EA Handle Playoff Committee (When the time comes to add it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senrab34
I know it's a ways off, but I was thinking today how will it be handled, considering how many complaints there are for the Top 25 now. I'll toss out a couple of ideas and then please add yours and maybe we'll get lucky and come up with something cool enough that EA will add it when the time comes.

The worst thing would be that we would find out in the schedule screen after all the bowls are played. No fanfare or anything.

With the studio updates in now I can see EA simply doing an update with Rece saying who the final 4 teams are, which would be better than the above scenario, but still not dramatic or exciting in any way.

I was thinking about some sort of "Inside the Committee" type of deal where after the bowl games it takes us to the committee and we get to see which teams each member is considering and why and then showing us how they decide and who they decide the final 4 teams should be.

Some years might be obvious who the 4 teams are and that's fine, but most years there should be a few teams that a couple committee members will differ on. I think if one of those teams are the one you are playing with it might add some drama and excitement or severe disappointment depending on if they choose your team or not.

Well, that's my small contribution to the discussion. What do you think they should do?
It'll probably be the top conference champs most of the time. I'm sure of it. If they really wanna wonk it up, they'll use the conference prestige rating that never changes even if you play 30 seasons, so that'll make "perfect" sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »