Home

Amount of things broken is astonishing

This is a discussion on Amount of things broken is astonishing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Amount of things broken is astonishing

I really want to like this game.

I really do.

But the amount of things completely broken is just amazing to me.

Run blocking -
It seems like nobody ever blocks the right person, the game clogs up the middle of the line, players just flat out stop and run into you, it's horrid. Playing AA or Heisman, numerous slider sets, nothing changes how bad it gets

Suction Blocking -
I don't mind, it's part of the game, but to be unimpeded to the QB and be turned around because I've been suctioned into a HB that's three yards behind me is ridiculous.

User Pick -
Just doesn't work. Looking at the ball, it won't user pick. Nothing happens when I press the button the vast majority of the time. I look at the replay and my DB is looking right at the ball as it heads to the receiver

Passing -
This doesn't happen all that much, but it's annoying when it does. Trying to hit an open receiver with pressure and the QB refused to throw the ball. I don't know why it throws at one time, and refuses to throw at another

The Option -
Might as well just skip the play and accept your three yard loss. It's so completely broken that it's a sure loss when the play is forced on you in RTG. And why do I try to pitch a ball and it just sticks to my hand? My HB has nobody around him. I'm getting pressure and the QB just can't seem to let go of the ball. I've run for a couple of seconds with my arm outstretched and the ball just sticking to my hand.

SuperSim -
Several issues here. First, how many years has the feature been available and yet they can't work clock management into it? Anytime I supersim, it's almost automatic that either teams takes the absolute least amount of time to run whatever plays it has to run. It only runs off the amount of time it takes to run a play. And then there's the issue of the computer scoring at will. And in things like RTG or when you're a OC, you're forced to supersim.

Juking/Spinning
No reason this is even in the game at this point. Out of habit, I'll find myself juking trying to get away from somebody and the animation takes so long that it's a death sentence. Why is this broken suddenly? My guy with 95 agility and 93 elusiveness can't juke? Another reason why the running game is completely broken.

Psychic Defenses
Not so much broken but so irritating. Even on AA, I can audible between running and passing plays at random and the computer sets itself according to my play. This last game I played, I actually thought I had it in a passing defense on a run play. It was a run blitz disguised as a deep zone. Geesh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: Amount of things broken is astonishing

I said I'd say I told you so when this game came out lol. So "I told you so."

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Old 07-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

I don't run the option very often, but it's been a fairly successful play for me. Sure, sometimes I get blown up, but there have been plenty of times where it's been a very positive play for me.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 07-25-2012, 02:16 PM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

impressions thread...locked.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »