Home

An excessive amount of upsets in dynasty mode. Anyone else notice this?

This is a discussion on An excessive amount of upsets in dynasty mode. Anyone else notice this? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #73
Rookie

SanDiegoTrojans's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: An excessive amount of upsets in dynasty mode. Anyone else notice this?

Lol they were on.
San Diego Padres
Old 07-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 0
So we think turning off the injures will help decrease the amount of upsets?
Old 07-28-2012, 02:06 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSmooth
I'm in my 3rd year of Dynasty mode... TCU won the national championship the first year, and Georgia won it the 2nd year. That's not completely out there, IMO.

It is now week 11 of 2014 season, and the Top 25 coaches poll is as follows:

1. Nebraska 8-0 (My team)
2. Georgia Tech 8-0
3. Iowa 8-0
4. Texas 7-0
5. Arizona 8-0
6. Louisville 8-0
7. Notre Dame 9-1
8. Georgia 7-1
9. USA 7-1
10. Tennessee 7-2
11. Virgina 7-1
12. Fresno State 7-1
13. Michigan St. 6-2
14. Clemson 5-3
15. Southern Miss 7-1
16. Arkansas St. 7-1
17. Texas A&M 7-1
18. San Diego State 6-1
19. TCU 6-2
20. Oregon 6-2
21. Oklahoma 7-1
22. Rutgers 6-2
23. Ole Miss 6-2
24. LSU 4-3
25. Maryland 5-3

Others receiving votes: Wisconsin, Miami, Alabama, Missouri, Auburn, SMU, Ohio State, Va Tech

I guess the two biggest unrealistic ones are Arizona and Louisville being top 10 and undefeated, although Arizona has had a super easy schedule so far and have to play Oregon and USC back to back so we'll see how that goes, and as far as Louisville they've only really played Boise and Rutgers...the rest of their schedule is stupid easy.

The likes of Arkansas State and Southern Miss in the top 25 are, unusual, but neither team pulled an upset.

Bama's losses are against quality opponents...LSU has a loss to USF which doesn't bother me as if they were to lose against, say, Idaho or something...

I have to say, I'm not bothered by my results... in last year's game by 3-4 season into dynasty, I had Nevada constantly getting into the title game like 3 years in a row and winning it twice...until I finally moved them to a power conference, that (or something similar) hasn't happened yet.
usualy by week 8 in my dynasty, everyone will have a loss. 1st place will have 1 loss, 2nd will have 2 or 1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #76
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

After simming a full season with injuries off this is what I found:
  • I was very pleased with the lack of non-AQ teams upsetting BCS teams. Only one top 10 team lost to a non-AQ team, and that was Rutgers losing to Army late in the season.
  • The one problem I did see was that some top SEC schools struggled against lower SEC schools. For example, Georgia lost to Ole Miss and Auburn. LSU lost to Mississippi State, Texas A&M, and Florida. Alabama lost to Missouri, Tennessee, Auburn, and Arkansas. I'm not sure why this happened. I really only noticed it in the SEC. Of course, it could just be a fluke so I'll run some more full season sims later.
  • Another problem I noticed were some wacky results in the Big XII. Texas Tech was 10-2 while West Virginia was 7-5, TCU was 6-6, and Oklahoma State was 5-7. Again, this could just be a fluke.
  • For the most part, it seemed pretty realistic. Not many non-AQ teams cracked the top 25. While the top ranked teams did suffer losses, they were all usually against a team who was also in the top 25.
  • Overall, I was really pleased with the results. Not nearly as many major upsets and for the most part it felt pretty realistic. I would suggest turning off injuries for better dynasty results.
Below are my results. An "upset" was any time a top 25 team lost to a team ranked lower than them or not ranked at all. The results from week 1-3 are in my previous post in this thread. A game in bold is what, in my opinion, was a major upset.

UPSETS
Spoiler

TOP 25 POLL AFTER CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS
Spoiler

Notable Unranked Teams and Conference Champions
Spoiler
Old 08-03-2012, 11:15 PM   #77
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

OVR: 16
Too Many Upsets, BS National Championship Games

Kansas State in BCS Game- No.

Toledo beats No. 4 Notre Dame- No.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:17 PM   #78
MVP

RebelHog's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Too Many Upsets, BS National Championship Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMan
Kansas State in BCS Game- No.

Toledo beats No. 4 Notre Dame- No.
Auburn made it to BCS Title (wasn't pre season picked)
App State beat a Top 10 Ranked Michigan Team.

So yes.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:18 PM   #79
Rookie

hbginline's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Too Many Upsets, BS National Championship Games

fcs appalachian state beat #5 michigan in 07...
Old 08-04-2012, 12:03 AM   #80
Rookie

Steve_French's Arena

OVR: 0

I thought In the Game there was a little bit to many upsets in the game my self. Almost every time they flip over to show the scores--no matter what difficulty you on you will have win that really should never even happen. So far every time I play out the gate Mich beats Bama by some land slide or Tennessee beats #4 Oregon....The worse one ever had to face that kind of made me upset was my RTG with the Badgers. LSU had sat up ontop of the poles for a better part of the end of the season. I was looking forward to the Challage of LSU D with my QB...But they Lost in the SEC championchip game to Vandy. I ended up having to face Tulsa--Tulsa of all schools. Needless to say we shut them down. I took it as the Game makers trying to make it more exciting I supose.
RTG Mode:
QB #9 Steve French -Wisconsin Badgers
NC-12-13
RB #33 Al Bundy-Idaho Vandals -Heisman & Rose Bowl Camps

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »